Sukiesnows avatar Relationships
6 14

Embracing people for their contributions. Not sure what assessing means but it sounds like trying to assign a value. Every one has value, the trick is to recognize what contributions they make without trying to discover what value it provides for you.

@VicZinc Embracing people for their contributions. Not sure what assessing means but it sounds like trying to assign a...

I chose the word "assessing" since I think we all assign a thought-space to someone we've just met...you just meet someone...really too early to judge...but a few things trickle down and thereupon... You assess...

Another connection and perhaps...more assessments...more connections and then perhaps some assessments can be fleshed out in a judgement or two? To be...spoken out loud and possibly verified...

@2561609

And...that president will not call France and French people with loving terms; it will be something degrading like "frogs" or "weirdos"...

I will not stoop to conquer...so I will not call him an asshole.

I think most all of us "judge" people to some extent, based on our assessment of them. Is that BAD? Maybe so, sometimes...

@Piper2 I think most all of us "judge" people to some extent, based on our assessment of them. Is that BAD? Maybe...

I agree. We ALL do it. It must be part of a human beings chemical make up...or something...I guess it's the extent of which we do it...that makes the difference.

@Sukiesnow I agree. We ALL do it. It must be part of a human beings chemical make up...or something...I guess it's the extent...

Well, non-human animals also "assess" the individuals they encounter. Judging them is just about the same thing, unless the judging leads to wanting to actually hurt them.

To me it is the same thing one is just sprinkled with sugar to sound sweet where the other isn't.
🦋

I get where you're going but it's probably worth pointing out that the definition of "assess" is "to judge."
http://dictionary.cambridge.org...english/assess

whats the difference? enough political correctness

@Anonymousmouse whats the difference? enough political correctness

You've got to admit that political correctedness acts as guidelines on the way to more positive thinking...

@Sukiesnow You've got to admit that political correctedness acts as guidelines on the way to more positive thinking...

i disagree, PC is a way for liberals to repress free speech and take away peoples rights. PC is destroying our countries

What is the purpose of assessing when you do not want to judge

ezhils avatar ezhil Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous