+6

Everyone should watch this. Bill Hicks is by far my favorite comedian, not only was he hilarious but he was a genuine good soul with important messages. Comedy is the most positive way to look at serious issues.

Bill Hicks - It's Just A RideRevelations is Bill Hicks’ last special ever, taped in 1992, and features him at the height of his genius. Recorded at the Dominion Theatre in London, Bill H...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w
CiscoKarpes avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 28

Anyone here know about the Bill Hicks conspiracy theory? Evidently there's a growing number of people that believe Bill Hicks and Alex Jones are the same person. lmao Something about that is just wicked ironic to me.

@CiscoKarpe Even Alex Jones acknowledged the theory on one of his Infowars videos

It stinks because every time I think of Hicks now, I'm reminded of that. Howbeit that Alex Jones even tainted Bill Hicks?!

Yes, very nice and uplifting, warm and fuzzy.

In his January 1964 State of the Union address, President Lyndon Johnson proclaimed, “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America.”

In the 50 years since that time, U.S. taxpayers have spent over $22 trillion on anti-poverty programs. Adjusted for inflation, this spending (which does not include Social Security or Medicare) is three times the cost of all U.S. military wars since the American Revolution.

Yet progress against poverty, as measured by the U.S. Census Bureau, has been minimal, and in terms of President Johnson’s main goal of reducing the “causes” rather than the mere “consequences” of poverty, the War on Poverty has failed completely. In fact, a significant portion of the population is now less capable of self-sufficiency than it was when the War on Poverty began.

I appreciate your idealism Cisco, and Hicks comedic talent. Now, you appreciate reality.

@Budwick Yes, very nice and uplifting, warm and fuzzy. In his January 1964 State of the Union address, President Lyndon...

Go figure, you offer money for certain behaviors and more people engage in said behavior. Who knew?

I love the idea. The problem however is that even if 99% of the people of the world shared Hicks' vision, it only takes is a couple Vladimir Putins and Donald Trumps to fuck it up for the rest of us.

We can entertain ideals such as natural laws, basic human rights, etc, etc.. but in reality, the only rights we have are the ones that can't be taken away from us.

@2561944

I had picked Putin and Kim Jung-un, but then I was thinking that I wanted to have a good example of a greedy capitalist. I was going to pick Kenneth Lay, but then President Trump popped into my head. I picked him because I suspected many would be too young to remember Lay.

@2563426

The reason I picked Trump had nothing to do with party affiliation. If Clinton or Obama walked around bragging about themselves at every turn I might have used one of them, but they don't. Nobody does.

I'm always bewildered when a self-proclaimed moral Christian rushes to Donald Trump's defense. Clearly Trump is immoral. He's bragged about that too.

@2564626

You know what's funny (not ha ha funny) is that I think the same thing about many people on the right.

@2561944

Well for one he wants to cut food stamps which is a wonderful thing so nobody has to worry about going hungry, another he wants to make cuts from social security (what people work their whole lives for)
Another he has torn Mexican families apart with absolutely no planning on what the deported do when they get back to Mexico.
He demonizes the entire Muslim religion mindlessly spouting hate speech his followers mindlessly support him and his intolerance for anything other than corporate America when in reality all religions have good and bad people.
He treats women like second class citizens, he's screwed thousands over people over in his business ventures and the list goes on.
Trump is a billionare who bought his way into power.
If you think Trump cares about you or your family you are sadly mistaken.
If he can wisely screw people out of money or wisely exploit flaws in the tax system just by being a businessman he can just as easily screw the American people.

I just wish people would understand that this ideal world could exist it could be a reality. It's just hard to introduce stubborn people to change.

@2561926

Just a choice between fear and love and I choose love.
It really goes to show how screwed up this world really is when nobody has any faith in the goodness from the heart, valuable ideas and intentions. More valuable than living in fear and security.
There will always be conflict, but what you fail to realize is there's always a rational resolution to a conflict no matter how complex or out of reach or impractical

@2561951

There are lunatics around the world and it just so happens that a decent majority of them run countries.
cough cough AMERICA

@2561976

I honestly don't know what gave you the slightest hint of my political beliefs or what I am informed from.
I don't support politics whether it's billionare Trump god's gift to the rich or if it's Hillary.
If I have any belief it's anything that challenges my sense of moral reasoning I don't support it.
I'm sorry I don't support egotistical billionare sexist self righteous innocent child and women killing politicians.
The thing about Trump supporters is he can do anything and all of you will mindlessly support it because he shares your basic cynical hateful beliefs.
Religion and politics is filled to the brim with close minded people who don't bat an eye at innocent people struggling and dying because of FEAR of change.