+13

It's called making love; but that doesn't mean he'll love you after...amirite?

Image for post It's called making love; but that doesn't mean he'll love you after...amirite?
Sukiesnows avatar Relationships
6 33

Not unless he loved you before.

Sex is sex and love is love...where do the two meet?

@Sukiesnow Sex is sex and love is love...where do the two meet?

I believe it was Woody Allen who said, "Sex is like pizza. When it's good it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good."

Sex between two people in love is an expression of that love. It's not only physically pleasurable, it's emotionally pleasurable. It deepens the bond.

Sex without love ain't bad though. hehe smilie

@Sukiesnow Safer, tho... So safe sex good; Unsafe sex bad. Therefore good.

LOL...now I'm confused.

Safer with love or without? I guess that depends on what one fears.

A one night stand is nothing more than that. To assume otherwise is naive. You know nothing beyond how good he or she is at having sex. If that's all you want, go for it.

The truth is anytime love is involved it's trickier. That's true in all aspects of life. However I believe it's worth it even if it ends badly. The only other option is to live a life devoid of romantic love. Personally I would feel incomplete without having had that kind of love at least once in my life. Which is not to say I would abstain from sex without love. I like sex far too much. But I will say sex with someone you love is different. The act may be the same but the emotion takes it to another level.

That's my humble opinion. love smilie

@Chris_the_Demon LOL...now I'm confused. Safer with love or without? I guess that depends on what one fears. A one night stand is...

I'm scrambled a bit, too, now. Following what I was saying as a joke above; I was following your train of thought...saying that what is bad...is really meant to be "cool" nowadays...as Woody said...

@2562594

There should almost be a paper signing clarifying this...before the "event" takes place.

@2562623

You're so right.

@Sukiesnow There should almost be a paper signing clarifying this...before the "event" takes place.

I'm going to be a dick for a moment.

Are you kidding me?

In this day and age no one should need a sign explaining any of this. Especially if that person is from your generation. You're entire life has been filled with signs containing all the life lessons you will ever need to help you avoid the pitfalls and problems.

But just in case you were looking the other way, here's what I know...

Of course people will lie and play games to get you into bed. Duh!
Of course casual sex won't mean he or she is there in the morning. That's the whole point of casual sex! You chose him or her because he or she is hot and you're horny.
No sex will not change another person into what you want him or her to be. Ever!
Yes sex and love are intertwined for many reasons but they are not dependent upon each other to exist. You can have one without the other.
Yes some people believe sex without love and marriage is sinful, immoral, bad for one's emotional development, etc...but that is entirely subjective. What you do is none of their business. And why are they thinking about what you do in bed anyway? Creepy...
Yes you can be in love with someone and not have sex.
Yes one can be hurt by love but that's part of the price so deal with it. No one ever promised us we would have nothing but joy in our lives.
Yes everyone should practice safe sex unless he or she is in a monogamous relationship. Pregnancy and disease are preventable so prevent them. As good as sex without a condom may feel is nothing compared to how bad it will fell if you contract an STD.
And finally, stop trying to behave based on what other people believe or what you read in books or see in movies. There is no one right way for everyone to behave when it comes to love and sex. As long as you don't harm yourself or anyone else you are okay. Morality and values are about how we treat others not about how we have sex, how often we have sex, and who we have sex with.

Oh and size does matter.
hehe smilie

@Chris_the_Demon I'm going to be a dick for a moment. Are you kidding me? In this day and age no one should need a sign explaining...

I hear ya...

I was referring to mostly people...who do not know all the guidelines...the ones who have never quite picked it up..

Reading these guidelines might help the resuscitation around "the morning after"....as you slink out of the posh place wearing your favourite red dress.

The size of what? hehe smilie

Exactly that is why I am taking this whole dating thing slowly...so slow...I ain't dating hehe smilie

🦋

Doesn't mean she'll be in love, either

@Wunderscore Doesn't mean she'll be in love, either

On this post I debated putting down but that doesn't mean she'll love you after... and instead I chose "he"...it just seemed more natural... hehe smilie

@Sukiesnow On this post I debated putting down but that doesn't mean she'll love you after... and instead I chose...

"He" is formally considered to be an inclusive pronoun, I'm just a little shit that likes to point out ambiguity

@Wunderscore "He" is formally considered to be an inclusive pronoun, I'm just a little shit that likes to point out ambiguity

I never bought into that "inclusive pronoun" bit too much... I normally type s/he, which I should have in this case. However it can destroy the purity of the sentence.

@2563186

So...according to you: does alcohol and love mix?

@2562905

Huh? Can you write that another way, please, MM... Each sentence. Pretend I'm from another country, like, America....hehe smilie

@2563112

That's very sexy...you should throw in French more often...

So I said I was from another county, like, Ameria...I did not say France.

@2563536

hehe smilie bad boy!

That's why I think it's important to know your partner's intentions and your intentions beforehand.

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +1Reply
@Trish That's why I think it's important to know your partner's intentions and your intentions beforehand.

Yeah...but that sounds like a real downer...at the 3rd date...what do you do...sit down and have a talk?

Just during, or at least act like it

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +1Reply
Anonymous