What's something you've lost that to this day you still find yourself baffled as to where it could have went?

About 8 years ago my favorite fleece jacket disappeared...to this day it's still a source of conspiracy theory in my household. My most popular theory is of course my wife finding it hideous and throwing it away but she swears to this day that my theory is false. I've never been able to find another one like it..........

Image for post What's something you've lost that to this day you still find yourself baffled as to where it could have went?
KvotheSaviens avatar
8 57

Yes! A Gucci watch - I had a thing for watches at one time - it's disappeared for over a year now.... I blame....someone I had in to clean once... I miss it..

@2562817

Have you ever created an imaginative backstory as to what may have happened to it? Something like a being from another dimension stole it and took it back to their world where they use its powers to rule over all?

When moving, I lost a set of cookware, and to this day I have no idea what happened.

A couple of things. One was a jacket sweater I really liked, and another a Movado watch my parents gave me as a Christmas gift. The watch I'm pretty sure was stolen from my home, at a gathering of some people I would not have invited myself. The watch in particular, I still mourn the loss of sometimes.
There are plenty of things I've wondered what happened to. I've moved quite a bit in my life, and some things seem to go missing, every time.

@2590343

I can understand how precious the locket must have been to you.

@Piper2 A couple of things. One was a jacket sweater I really liked, and another a Movado watch my parents gave me as a...

Oh no I hope you made sure those people didn't enter your home again. I understand your sadness at having a gift from parents taken. My parents are both gone and I keep things they gave me even broken, I cannot bear to let them go.

@2562834

Yet you use a mutant to express your attitude. You know damn well Trump would never support mutant rights, lol.

@2562840

I wonder if Magneto can manipulate illegal alien metal or if it's only metal from this planet.

@2562848

Damn in that case he could crush an autobot with a flick of the wrist.

@2562840

Wish he would do something about those illegal aliens. He talked of it but nothing is happening.

@2562834

Trooper can't you curb your rotten language while on line?No need for typing such terrible words!

@2607001

Wow that long ago?? I guess our mistakes are forever on ami. Only thing I have found is the ability to delete the whole post. I have done that a few times because I wasn't happy with what came out - spelling or logic being wrong - then they yelled at me. Oh well carry on trooper, have a happy day..

In 1978 I bought a half pound of blond hashish. I 'hid' it in my room and went to bed. Never found it. Thought it might have been a dream except that would mean I lost $700. Either way, I still wonder.

@2590354

That explains it. Your eyes were never opened!

@2591211

Cool man. What a groovy vibe.

@2591782

Oh wow man. Mind...blown!

@2592641

Gronk you are mistaken.
The heroin problem is from doctors over prescribing oxy drugs when heroin is cheaper on the street than oyx is in at the pharmacy.

The use of marijuana by teenagers doesn't lead to heroin use.

@2594253

Centers for Disease Control list these causes for Heroin additions:

-Genetics. Individuals related to someone who is addicted to heroin or other substances have an increased risk of becoming addicted to heroin.
heroin addiction genetics
-Biology. A person’s biological makeup can lead to heroin addiction. Some people do not produce enough natural endorphins in their brains, which can lead to heroin use and abuse. In addition, a person’s ethnicity, gender, development stage, and genes can be a contributing factor.
-Psychological. Underlying mental illness that has not been diagnosed – bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety, for example – may be related to heroin use and abuse. Those who suffer from mental illnesses may be inclined to use heroin in order to sedate the side-effects of their illness.
-Environmental. Those who are in the presence of other heroin users may be more inclined to try the drug. They may be curious about its effects, or they may believe that it is the “right” and “normal” thing to do.

LA Times Claims: Opiate use is climbing because people feel more distressed and disconnected, and are turning to anesthetics to cope with their psychological pain.

WebMD says: It's a new pathway, going from pills to heroin. There's a reluctance to make that switch [to heroin], but once they begin down that pathway, they discover that heroin is readily available, quite pure and in many locations cheaper than prescription pills.

Fox News states: Patients began to misuse their medications and went down the path of addiction. Eventually, these people turned to something that was cheaper and easier to acquire: heroin.

Not one news source I could find claims Marijuana use leads to heroin addictions. But you might be right.

@2594737

So I should trust your personal experience with your family more than both government data and my own experiences?

@2596530

Gronk, I can and have defended all of my points of view.

Please make a post about PETA and/or abortion and I will be happy to debate you there.

This post is about losing things - I lost drugs and am happy to continue that discussion here if you like. The other concepts are off-topic and I will not soil OP post with those topics.

@2628089

Correct.
I don't want that to happen to me.

I like both you and OP. And this isn't a RL discussion around the kitchen table, it is a cyber discuss with expectationsn conventions and protocols that I respect.

@2591211

maybe they are getting alzheimer's at that age.

@2564057

would have been moth eaten sooner than you think.

My mind think smilie

🦋

A CD folder that I lost in high school with about 10 or 15 CDs in it. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if CDs weren't so expensive. It just stopped existing one day, but I still don't think anyone stole it because I wasn't at school when it disappeared.