Which charity or charitable cause is most deserving of money?

Image for post Which charity or charitable cause is most deserving of money?
Budwicks avatar Jobs & Employment
5 22

Food For The Poor
96% + goes to the actual charity! They do good work.

The Salvation Army, Wounded Warriors and St. Jude to name a few.

@ozzyboy The Salvation Army, Wounded Warriors and St. Jude to name a few.

St Jude is one of those fantastic organizations I'd put near at top of national charities.

St. Jude, it's an amazing organization.

individual where you see someone in need, you help, you tell no one, and you do not deduct it off your taxes.

One you like and it gives all you donate to those it helps. (Not CEO's or fundraisers)

I generally only give to local charities that help people in my community.

@JustJimColo One you like and it gives all you donate to those it helps. (Not CEO's or fundraisers) I generally only give to...

Me too. In fact, if I Can donate my time I do that more than money that way I know for sure who is being helped. There was a group ran a homeless shelter soup kitchen and food bank. I and was always saying the food was so hard to keep in stock. Then all of a sudden they started sending all the food to the southern states while our own people suffered. They soon went out of business because nobody would donate to them any longer.

in Canada the mustard seed hands down, completely private, and teaches homeless people for free how to find jobs, and they reward good behavior, no free handouts from money stolen from other people

@ozzyboy Sounds like a good organization. Not paid for by the taxpayers is a big plus!

yeah i volunteered there for a couple years, they will hand out clothing and other necessities to anyone who needs it, they have snacks to give throughout the day (reliant on donations of course but it was hardly ever an issue)
they give full meals for lunch and Dinner (usually really good food, as they had actual cooks to make the meals, and sometimes full meals where donated)
they give out food hampers to families who are struggling, they also have shelters where homeless can spend the night, but they need to be part of a program for that, such as classes on how to make resumes and such etc etc, mustard seed will even provide a mail box for homeless so when they get a job they have somewhere to pick up their check or any thing required for work.

mustard seed is a real blessing for the homeless, and 100% charity based, and they do just fine.

I hate taxes, and call it theft, and liberals have called me selfish and not very sharing because i said that, well i support a charity that does NOT steal and helps the homeless instead of creating leaches like government does haha.

don;t need to pay taxes to help the poor

@Anonymousmouse yeah i volunteered there for a couple years, they will hand out clothing and other necessities to anyone who needs...

I am more inclined to help these kind of charities. It is my understanding that that is why charities got the tax exemption in the first place. Then the government got involved and everything went to h*ll and taxes.

St. Jude and several local charities.

None of them . They don't use the money to go out and help the homeless

Wounded Warriors

Doctors without Borders

''Wounded Warriors''

Anonymous