+16

So you've lost everything. Is that so bad?

You snagged an old photo album...but that's it...

Image for post **So you've lost everything.** //Is that so bad?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 47
@2565920

Why? Sure, I'll miss a few nice things...but I'm ready to walk away.

@Sukiesnow I don't get it.

Just an idea. Didnt happen to you

@Carla Just an idea. Didnt happen to you

Having "stuff" can be inconvenient. I was away for about 3-4 months last year; never missed a thing.

It is something I would never wish on anyone. I have had friends and family that have lost everything before. It is something you really don't recover from.

🦋

@Sukiesnow I guess it's more traumatic for kids. I couldn't give a damn.

That is your choice. I was thinking of both children and adults

@Lil_Princess That is your choice. I was thinking of both children and adults

So when you said "it is something you really don't recover from."...you were then talking about yourself.

@Sukiesnow So when you said "it is something you really don't recover from."...you were then talking about yourself.

I was speaking of friends and family that have lost everything. My aunt has lost her home 5 times due to tornadoes in the south and even though she rebuilds it has taken an emotional toll on her.

@Lil_Princess I was speaking of friends and family that have lost everything. My aunt has lost her home 5 times due to tornadoes...

Now...going through all that...that would be an ordeal...but that does involve more than losing all your stuff.....

Just so i'm able to grab two Totino's pizzas and my doggie, i'll be alright...

Yes, it would be very bad.

@StarzAbove Yes, it would be very bad.

What might you miss the most?

@Sukiesnow What might you miss the most?

Everything a person has worked for all their lives and now gone, it would be devastating.

So, you start over again...gone is the old shit you've wanted to get rid of for years...it's a fresh start. New beginnings. What's to lose? Literally.

Of course it would be.

@Sukiesnow Why. I''m serious.

Losing "everything" encompasses a lot. A home, loved ones, and or valued or necessary possessions that can not be replaced. I can't think of anything "good" about that.

@Piper2 Losing "everything" encompasses a lot. A home, loved ones, and or valued or necessary possessions that can not...

Well, we're not talking about losing pets or people. And I did say a photo album was snagged....so that covers pics before the Internet.

So you might miss a few nice pieces of jewellery - you'll keep the ones you were wearing.

Everything's pretty much replaceable.

It's a fresh start. Everything is postitive about that.

@2565996

Im so sorry:(

@2565996

I guess this happened when you were young... I am thinking about someone older...

Your car caught fire and everything was in it?

@2566417

Well, this has been helpful. I don't know what I was thinking; I guess that was my own POV.

@2566457

I don't know what you mean. (?)

It just occurred to me how negligible possessions are? How is that?

@2566509

So is your curiousity satisfied now? Ask now or forever hold still. (Heheh...not really)

Yes...same here.

@2566534

We are like twins.

As long as I have my family I can weather anything. Been through fires, hurricanes, flooding and it is all stuff in the end. My family is everything.

Yes, bad.

Cezars avatar Cezar Agree +2Reply
@Cezar Yes, bad.

Why bad. You can always build up your DVD collection again.

@Cezar Having to rebuy everything is bad too.

Sometimes you get newer, nicer...and better stuff.

Very bad. I almost got my house burned down some time back. I'm not rich, I would be very much screwed.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply

Been there, more than once. The people I cared about made it out okay and that's all that mattered. Shit can be replaced, people can't.

@2572499

Yes. Of course I was referring to just losing everything to a fire...

Anonymous