I invest in gold silver and oil and I was wondering what do people here like to invest in?

I am just seeing what some possibly good investments would be. I would love to think outside the box here.

KevinBarners avatar Money & Economics
3 25

I am fully diversified. Right now approx: 10% Large Cap. 10% Small Cap. 20% Market Derivatives. 10% Real Estate. 10% Global Market. 5% Emerging Foreign Markets. 10% Currency Derivatives. 10% Metals. 10% Energy 5% Sustainable Resource Industries. I have a great guy at Morgan.

I am leaning away from Metals and Sustainability (poor support from both US and European government for either right now - but French election has me looking again). I am very bullish on currency (with hedging) and International Energy especially Fossil Fuels like coal (even if the Trump/Russia thing goes sour, I think the seeds are sown for massive fossil growth over the next 2-5 years - but I will pull back if US congress swings democrat in 2018). Mostly neutral on the others but slightly bullish on Large Cap especially if the Corporate tax cuts go through I'll swing another 5% there.

@VicZinc I am fully diversified. Right now approx: 10% Large Cap. 10% Small Cap. 20% Market Derivatives. 10% Real Estate...

Some people do I just happen to own them all. however I like to save money and buy coins and stuff but trust me I am far from rich. I have not done anything yet. -

@2566282

What is safe stocks?

Before having to sell everything due to a relationship issue, I used to invest in the stock market, I had a balanced portfolio, so nothing outside the box there. I did do it myself online rather than use a broker.

@KevinBarner I would be interested in learning that.

It's really interesting and requires a lot of work and patience if you want to do it safely and it's not for the faint hearted but I think it's a great way to go if you have the money and time.

@KevinBarner

I can't quite see what that is?

@OzSurfer I can't quite see what that is?

Just gold and silver $500 dollar bill replicas and bottles of gold and silver plus a coin. But I ordered some silver coins to.

@KevinBarner Just gold and silver $500 dollar bill replicas and bottles of gold and silver plus a coin. But I ordered some...

Oh i see, wow that's cool! I have a few silver nuggets in a box that my great uncle picked up when working in a silver mine about 70 years ago. Back then nobody was searched. Not sure what to do with them or if they're worth much.

And yes this belongs to me.

You usually don't get much out of playing safe? Unless he found the magic formula.

@KevinBarner You usually don't get much out of playing safe? Unless he found the magic formula.

Usually when it comes to stocks most people diversify their money in blue chip (safer stocks) across sectors then put a small amount into high risk areas like mining and biotech etc where the risk and rewards are high but if you lose you have the rest to back you up. I'm no expert but that's the way I was shown.

I just wanted to say to you all I am loving this topic. The comments I am reading helps a bunch.

I just own the resources.

Precious metals have been very good to me. When I stopped working in 2006 I had just enough savings to pay the rent until social security started paying. Since then I have lived solely on the SS payment, and built my metals up to a nice sum, roughly twice the price of a new luxury car. Boy, do I feel smart!

@SmartAZ Precious metals have been very good to me. When I stopped working in 2006 I had just enough savings to pay the rent...

The price of gold is about 75 times the price of silver now, so spend your money on silver. That ratio occasionally drops to 40 or 30, and then you swap your silver for gold. When it goes back up, you swap your gold for silver. There is no risk because you always have hard metal, and no tax because you never sell for cash.

"Rent seeking investment", which covers virtually all investing today,is destroying the country.
It's money for nothing and investors are the true freeloaders on society receiving large amounts of money while contributing nothing of value.

When there are people who get a lot of money from things they don't produce there are people who produce a lot of things for money they don't get.

Anonymous