I'm curious what others here think about all the "No Whites Allowed", events and activities sponsored and endorsed by colleges and high schools across the US recently.

These are just a few examples. There are many more if someone wants to look further. What happens if whites decide to do the same? Then what?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.c...hites-allowed/
http://illinoisreview.typepad.c...-assembly.html
http://www.westernjournalism.co...hites-allowed/
http://rinf.com/alt-news/newswi...rship-retreat/

JustJimColos avatar People & Celebrities
9 42
@2568508

And they are creating permanent "safe spaces" for minorities only". These are buildings, specific areas, and facilities. These are also, in most cases, government owned facilities. What would happen if someone decreed a rec room on a campus, "Whites only"?

@2568771

This isn't the 1960's.

While there are historically black colleges, whites can still get in. Are you saying you would be OK with a college that refused to let blacks in?

A few thoughts:

Excluding people from anything based on the color of their skin is wrong.

Excluding people from a meeting on racial issues based on the color of their skin is ill-advised. You're not going to win over many of the excluded people.

I find this to be a little disheartening. I would hope that people who have lived with discrimination would be the last to exclude others.

I know whites have excluded blacks in our history but I don't see how doing the reverse is going to help things other than to give the non-whites that attend these events a more "them and us" feeling which is counter productive.

I have to read about it all and ponder it. On the surface it seems wrong. But so does the clubs and and neighborhoods and schools that exclude blacks. If not by rule, by alienation. I will get back to this......

It should be illegal.

Oh, unless they are doing it for religious reasons, then, thanks to Trump's latest 'executive order' it is perfectly legal, even if it is abhorrent to normal sensibilities.

It feels bad. I don't even like signs saying "pets are not allowed"... If we were on an outing and I came across a sign like that it would put a damper on my day.

Haven't noticed any.

I probably wouldn't want to attend whatever it is they're having anyway..

Win/Win..

It's illegal but it's ok with the lefties and they are ones running the courtrooms these days.

@2568766

Then you agree that if whites started prohibiting blacks from joining clubs, or going to certain areas in high schools and colleges, it would be OK..

@2568793

I've known a lot of people from the South, and when I've asked them about the Klan, they laugh and say it's kind of like the bogie man. More myth than reality for the past 50 years. Some people like to keep bringing it up though for some reason or another. Can you tell me when the last time the Klan actually killed anyone?

@2569808

So are you saying that anytime a white kills blacks, they automatically belong to the Klan? (You're smarter than that) By that logic, anytime a black kills a white, they must belong to BLM or the Nation of Islam. (You couldn't find a killing associated with the Klan. I know because I looked as well)
Of course everyone has heard of Dylan Roof. Have you heard of Riakos Lizana, De'Marquise Elkins, Malik Zulu Shabazz, or Thomas Curry and many other blacks who kill or call for the killings of whites simply because they are white?

Imagine if these were 'no blacks allowed ' events.There would be an outcry.As there should be now.These events are just plain wrong.Its racism at its worst.

@2568549

And they expect whites to continue to back down. What happens when they don't?

The divide in this country is growing.

Well it's obviously counterproductive to the stated purpose and a complete inversion of the stated principles. What else is there to say? I've never been personally excluded from anything due to my skin color, though I think it's terrible practice. But it isn't criminal.

It's also damned annoying to see so many feign outrage over this while defending other equally egregious examples of this mindset and on a much larger scale at that.

@ForkNdaRoad Well it's obviously counterproductive to the stated purpose and a complete inversion of the stated principles. What...

The thing is, that excluding, or prohibiting people from doing something because of their skin color, "is" criminal. Look at all the lawsuits out there.

@JustJimColo The thing is, that excluding, or prohibiting people from doing something because of their skin color, "is"...

A lawsuit isn't the same a ruling. There's also a bit of a slippery slope at play, a real one. lol Where do you draw the line? Usually between the private and public sections of society. But more and more we that isn't the case at all.

We have a variety of govt. sponsored polices predicated on this exact premise and they haven't come to us from one particular party either.

I didn't know about that. I'm going to go buy myself some shoe polish.

Anonymous