+11

What political post isn't considered to be bait??

Image for post What political post isn't considered to be bait??
Carlas avatar Politics
11 85
@2569678

Thank you

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2570032

No worries, ser.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2571735

This post has about run its course. Dont go out of your way.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2571763

Alright, then. But im good, just so you know:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2570032

Whoa! How come you couldn't "fix" it?

@2571719

Well yeah....your comment is taking up half the page. Thank you for replying....

It seems to me, that any post even remotely controversial is considered and called "bait" by some people here. It's only okay if they do it....

@2569679

Thank you

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

None of my posts are bait posts. I post the facts, but there are always those that can't stand the truth so they then whine and say it's a bait post. My suggestion would be, stay off my posts if you don't like what it's about.

@2569690

I dont post to cause arguements, i post what is on my mind.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2570416

No one has any more leeway than anyone else. If you had a post pulled, it was either antagonizing or repetitious. I noticed above, you mentioned being legitimate, now this. You feeling put upon, another?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla No one has any more leeway than anyone else. If you had a post pulled, it was either antagonizing or repetitious. I...

Carla, I have seen quite a few people say things like "the legitimate members", meaning themselves and the select few they were evidently referring to. So much so, that I was inspired to submit a post about it, myself.
That was before you got here, but I've seen that or similar terms used fairly recently, as well.

@Piper2 Carla, I have seen quite a few people say things like "the legitimate members", meaning themselves and the select...

I must just miss them. I want to believe that everyone is treated equally, regardless of what they may think of themselves.

That is why i block no one. I want everyones input, and i want the opportunity to give mine, if i choose.

I will certainly call anyone out if i see it in the future.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla I must just miss them. I want to believe that everyone is treated equally, regardless of what they may think of...

Well, I'd like to believe that, too. Since I've seen that often not be the case, however, I don't.

I've never blocked anyone, either, and neither do I try to get individuals or content removed, simply because I don't like them, or what they have to say.

I'm interested in how other people think, and their opinions. It seems we have that in common. smile smilie

@Carla Make a post, again piper. I will give my input:)

Maybe I will soon, and I always enjoy your input. :)

@2572149

Another, i personally have never negated your imput. I have debated with you, responded to you, etc. Even though i have seen you say ugly things, i havent blocked you. I simply do..not..care what your gender or ethinicity is. Keep pointing it out, though and i will begin to wonder why you feel you must.
I have no control over this site, or the people who run it or use it. So please, stop beating a dead horse. It will get you no where.

@2571754

Im sooooo.....confused!!!!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2571766

Okay. But......no one here should be thought more important than the next.
There are certainly some that keep it lively, and i wholeheartedly appreciate them. But i also appreciate those that do the responding, even if i dont agree:]

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2571808

Thank you, jd

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2571754

I made A post about it, Darkest_Serenity. If people weren't using the term, I can't imagine why I would have done that....can you?
I'd say YOU "perpetuated the situation" as well, since YOU used the very term on one of your own posts.

I do not bring it up at every opportunity, but so what if I do? It's just a "joke", Amirite?

@2571795

Im out!

@2571826

You're right, Serenity. I DO kind of care when someone accuses me of "perpetrating" something that I've not mentioned in a long time, and even then, rarely. Especially when that someone has used the term themselves in a post, just a few weeks ago....

http://www.amirite.com/808981-a...nally-and-they

@2572320

I'm not sure, in the context in which it was used.... jolly smilie

@2572329

OH, I see. What "situation"? That people some were indeed often using the term legitimate users, but a question mentioning it got deleted, so I posted one too?

It's not a situation, and neither did I "perpetrate" it.

@2572356

Oh good grief. Really, Serenity? NOW I am somehow preventing things from "running relatively smoothly on here?

Yeah, you should perhaps choose your words a little more carefully, when accusing a legitimate member of the site of something.
Those of us who are not "supermods", or their best buds, do not have the luxury of changing our replies, comments, (or word) , long after somehow has responded to them.
Many of us wouldn't do that, even if we could..... ~

@2570733

I think many of us would have enjoyed commenting on that question.... I know I would have. Although you weren't asking me, I will say that I see nothing at ALL "antagonizing" enough about that post, for it have been removed....

@2570733

Well, im not certain, another. Was it posted to mock a post before it? If so, have you antagognized that person in the past?

Personally, that post on its own doesnt seem unusual or pull worthy. I just dont know.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2570747

Saying it with a line through it, is still saying it, man.

This site is populated by mostly straight white people. Makes me wonder why you feel compelled to shout it from the mountain.

I dont think anyone is paranoid, this is a f**king opinion site. No one is gonna break anyones nose, or get them fired, or steal thier spouse. Maybe it was a kneejerk reaction when it was pulled.

When you start throwing the word legitimate around for no reason ( you said that before your post) people get their hackles up.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2570809

Another, you can do anything you wish.

I was pointing to being white because the post was related to race and i dont know ciscokarpe.

There was not a contextual reason to point your race and gender out here. Except to imply that being who you are, here, is a handicap.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2570840

I only do names if it is harmless.
You arent that good. You had no context.
I never said you were racist. And i ASKED if you were feeling put upon. YOU said you were. So........there you go. Goodnight

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

None.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

IN as much as any political post is likely to garner disagreement, I suppose your premise is correct.

And, I think Neaderthals comment is on target - some political factions refuse or maybe simply are unable to recognize any view other than their own.

Allowing political debate on an opinion site isn't heroic. It's democratic.