+10

Well, fake news...... Our media must have huge powers of persuasion over our fbi, republican house and senate. A special prosecutor to investigate the administration is no joke. How can anyone think that with everything that has gone on with flynn, trump trying so hard to exonerate him, the firing of comey, after giving him such accolades, the other campaign associates funky connections to russia, can be anything but suspect????? Did anyone listen to his commencement speech? How can anyone look to this man and think "yeah, this is the right man to represent my great country"?? I understand loyalty, i dont understand blindness. Our country is not a business. Even if it all wraps up, shows he did nothing unlawful, he is still incapable of leading, not running our country. And btw....the russians are laughing, this is very entertaining to them.

Carlas avatar Language
9 55

I'm very happy that Mueller was appointed as special counsel, this guy can subpoena Trump's tax returns, and I hope he does, that will put an end to all of this crap, because Trump will soon be wearing an orange jump suit to match his hair.

This was in my local newspaper from a Trump supporter:

"Donald, for the love of God, please stop tweeting. You're embarrassing all of us who voted for you and you make it really difficult to defend you when you continue to act like a 12-year-old." lol

lol Even his supporters are seeing what a fool Trump really is.

@2569726

Well you know, he only takes his own advice.....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Never have I trusted our government less.

Mueller is a W. appointee... like most in the rest of Trump's cabinet. Just saying...

@dru18 And Comey is a Republican.......

Yep and Alexander Acosta and Chao (Trans appointee) who also happens to be McConnell's wife. Then there are the KT McFarlad, Giuliani, Ashcroft and Rumsfeld endorsements.

But what really bothers me is that the Bush's won't endorse him directly. It's an old tactic with those dynasty elites, creates an illusion of separation even given the obvious connections. Yet Rove is still strategizing for Trump and relaying those talking-points daily via Fox News.

@ForkNdaRoad Yep and Alexander Acosta and Chao (Trans appointee) who also happens to be McConnell's wife. Then there are the KT...

What I am saying is that even a dye in the wool Republican, a straight shooter, like Comey, knows a nut case when they see one.

I didn't know that fat walking heart attack, Rove, was even around anymore, much less relevant.

@dru18 What I am saying is that even a dye in the wool Republican, a straight shooter, like Comey, knows a nut case when...

I don't disagree with you. I'm not fan of Comey, but the man is smart enough to act above reproach when put under a microscope and I can't blame him for that.

Yes, Rove is a frequent "analyst" on Fox and he's taken up strategizing on behalf of the Trump admin. Lord knows they need a real strategist, but still...

@Carla Yes......

Funny how they just keep popping back up everywhere. Just like Rosenstein, now that I think of it.

There more things change the more they stay the same...

@2569708

"the left has this attitude
we want blood, what cost? that don't matter"

Oh it's knee slapping hilarious to hear the Trump crowd say this Russia thing has gone on long enough given they've been investigating Hillary Clinton from 2012 all the way up to today. lmao Same crowd that was ready to invalidate Obama's presidency and a large swath of U.S. law over a birth-certificate. Of course her husband's extramarital affairs were a matter of national security prior to that.

At what cost? Their credibility... for starters. It's probably worth noting that's about the only transparent element to Trump's election.

@2574669

Funny, I watched Brennan's testimony. What I heard was him state that he had real, unaddressed concerns regarding Trump's team and that while he personally didn't find evidence of collusion, he wasn't privy to all the evidence in the current possession of fed and congressional investigators.

The crime was Russian interference into the election. The investigation of that crime led to a Trump team member (Flynn) committing a potential felony by lying to federal investigators.

That's more than repubs could nail Clinton with in almost 5 years worth of investigating.

Fortunately, some of us look further than Sean Hannity's opinion monologues for evidence:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/ar...ade?yptr=yahoo

I'll take my chances with "dem gun grabbers" who failed to nab a single gun in the whole 8 year term of Obama as opposed to repubs who'd like us to all visit a shrink and get a head pass to legally own a firearm. lol

Way to deflect...

@2574694

Except for the fact that he was then the head of the CIA.

And Trump is selling $110B in arms to Suadi Arabia, what's your point? Arms sales aren't illegal.

The proof is Flynn committed a felony when he lied to fed investigators. That and a campaign manager (Manafort) who failed to disclose foreign lobbying that excluded him from working in American elections is what involved the feds in Trump's business. If he dislikes that, maybe he should do a better job of choosing the company he keeps.

You trotted out a double standard in your first comment here. Seems you do them quite well. lol

@ForkNdaRoad Except for the fact that he was then the head of the CIA. And Trump is selling $110B in arms to Suadi Arabia...

When all the dust settles and is sucked up by the wet vac, it may not be crimes that can be pinned on trump. Like in other times, it will be the mania to cover up. All to feel himself, legitimate.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla When all the dust settles and is sucked up by the wet vac, it may not be crimes that can be pinned on trump. Like...

It's a fun fact about dummies, in their rage, they get stupid and sloppy. That rage usually leads to the deeds that are their inevitable demise.

It's a common problem for those incapable of controlling themselves...

@2575508

Um, Obama did fire Flynn. Flynn didn't work for Obama when he lied to federal investigators... which is a felony no matter who you are. And Fox had to retract their Seth Rich story, Hannity lied all along.

Fun indeed!

"Fox News retracts its Seth Rich story":
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.66cede0437ba

@2569708

I heard all the noise about seth rich.

A control burn to try and stop the forest fire....

@2569730

That truly is interesting chance.
But, alas, clinton isnt the issue.
17 intellegence agencies say the hack was russian. Not a guy from the campaign.

All that aside.....trump has caused nothing but pandamonium. How can he possibly turn it around?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla That truly is interesting chance. But, alas, clinton isnt the issue. 17 intellegence agencies say the hack was...

Trump has caused pandemonium? You must be joking! Thi8s all began when Hillary lost - the media had been lying to you about for months so you all had big expectations. The only possible explanation was Trump had colluded with Russians to steal the election. Never mind that there was no evidence - let's make a stink!

And so it goes. Even now, you got your special prosecutor - you're still not happy, and when the prosecutor finds nothing, you've announced that you still won't be happy.

I don't know what your game is Carla, but it has nothing to do with honesty.

@Budwick Trump has caused pandemonium? You must be joking! Thi8s all began when Hillary lost - the media had been lying to...

I dont play games, bud. I do know that your mr trump is bent. Regardless of his relationship to russia, or lack thereof, he is not president material. He has no thought for me, you or anyone other than himself.

I am a tradesperson, he has screwed so many, like me, in his illustrious real estate career. That alone makes me want him gone. Ive been screwed, just like that.
It caused hardship in my life. People like him make commitments, squeeze you, then either refuse to pay or wait for extended periods. Not honoring commitments makes him less than an honorable man. Cheating on two wives, maybe three? Dishonorable.
And dont throw bill clinton out there. This isnt about him.

He has hundreds of liens and lawsuits against him. Even from lawyers he hired to settle some of them.

All of trumps woes were brought upon himself. He hired flynn knowing he was under investigation, regarding his ties with turkey. Why do you think he would do that. At the very least it was incompetent.

What of his promised financials? You all seem oblivious to the refusal to release them. If he has nothing to hide, why not?

He is a hypocrit. Admonishing obama for golfing, vacations, lack of transparency. Saying he would likely not see a golf course, and seldom leave washington. He spends almost half his time away, on the course.

He is racist, sexist, narcissistic, incompetent, ill spoken, negative, uneven and volitile.

No games here, bud. In all off your hatred for the other nominee, you chose to overlook the storm that was surely to befall this nation. Not all the republicans fault, the democrats did themselves no favors. Too many people didnt vote. I dont think it will happen again.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla I dont play games, bud. I do know that your mr trump is bent. Regardless of his relationship to russia, or lack...

OK, you don't like Trump. I get that. If that business with Flynn telling Trump about Flynn being a lobbyist for Turkey is true - I will have a problem with that too. He's NOT required to release his tax returns, AND they are still being audited. You may just need to get over that one.

Overlook the storm to befall this nation? Sounds pretty ominous. If you mean overlook the possibility that democrats and media could create such a firestorm from vapor - it's true - I did not consider that. If you mean half the population seeking safe places, weeping uncontrollably over a lost election - I didn't see that coming either. If you mean Obama setting the world on fire and leaving Trump to deal with it - yes, I did see that, but never thought the left would be so partisan as to impede National Security.

You're a nice person Carla. I wish I actually knew you. We're on opposite side of political issues, and I don't really blame you for being misinformed. It's the fault of the media - not you. I have great respect for you - sincerely. I think I need to back away from this for awhile so we can see how reality starts sorting out details.

Actually Budwick, you could be right that Trump had no part of the collusion.

But now he has made himself a big part of the investigation with Comey's firing and the memo leaking.

It's called 'obstruction of justice', and Trump just put his big fat ugly foot smack down right in the middle of it.

@dru18 Actually Budwick, you could be right that Trump had no part of the collusion. But now he has made himself a big...

The memo no one has actually seen? Is that the one?

There are so many leaks in Washington, I think the city may sink!

@Budwick The memo no one has actually seen? Is that the one? There are so many leaks in Washington, I think the city may sink!

Trump had no business messing with Comey in the first place!

That means, no dinner, no asking him to lay off Flynn, no "loyalty test", no firing, and no trashing and threatening him after he was fired!!

Trump messed with the wrong person.

@dru18 Trump had no business messing with Comey in the first place! That means, no dinner, no asking him to lay off...

No dinner? You think Trump was bribing Comey with a dinner?

He didn't ask Comey to 'lay off Flynn'. I know it doesn't take a lot of word massaging to make it sound like that - but Trump was expressing his feelings - not making a demand. You realize, Trump could make this all go away by simply pardoning Flynn?

Messed wit the wrong person? I'm pretty sure Comey is the right guy - he was the screwing up at the end of Obama's term and the beginning of Trump's.

@Budwick No dinner? You think Trump was bribing Comey with a dinner? He didn't ask Comey to 'lay off Flynn'. I know it...

Do I think Trump was bribing Comey with dinner?? Why in the hell, (going by the optics), would you invite the person who is investigating your campaign, to dinner??

All of this could have been avoided if Trump had a brain.

Sure, I know you were mad as heck when Comey went after Hillary. Must have broken you up.

Comey's got loyal friends. Trump doesn't.

@dru18 Do I think Trump was bribing Comey with dinner?? Why in the hell, (going by the optics), would you invite the...

Must have one hell of a dinner!

I WAS mad as hell when after listening to Comey explain all of Hillary's crimes for 20 minutes that he wasn't going to recommend prosecution.

Comey may have had friends, but he has managed to piss off everyone - except for you. He was no longer effective in his position and needed to go.

@Budwick Must have one hell of a dinner! I WAS mad as hell when after listening to Comey explain all of Hillary's crimes...

Sure he did. Is that why Trump cancelled his next day visit to the FBI, because he was told "he would not be greeted warmly"??

Is that why McCabe contradicted the president's comments the next day, while defending Comey?

Comey was a man of integrity who wasn't afraid of Clinton or Trump!

@2570162

Like minds

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

The Russians and the rest of the world have been laughing at us for the past 8 years. People who didn't want to see it, didn't.

@JustJimColo The Russians and the rest of the world have been laughing at us for the past 8 years. People who didn't want to...

Really? Im thinking our europian allies pretty much were on board with obama. If the russians were laughing it wasnt because they were enjoying watching the us fall apart. And feeling that they played a part.
Chaos is in charge right now, it just doesnt bode well.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@JustJimColo Carla, What kind of shape is Europe in right now? Talk about chaos...

We arent them. We are The United States of America. Warts and all. I would rather see pence run this country even though his ideals are profoundly different then my own. But, he is a public servant. Trump will never be......

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla We arent them. We are The United States of America. Warts and all. I would rather see pence run this country even...

Truly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Pence was the leak. He's the only sane one in the bunch and I imagine he feels the delusion closing in on him daily.

@ForkNdaRoad Truly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Pence was the leak. He's the only sane one in the bunch and I...

Oh, i dont know. Maybe?

They seem to be zeroing in on him now, too. Flynn may sink the entire battleship.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Oh, i dont know. Maybe? They seem to be zeroing in on him now, too. Flynn may sink the entire battleship.

Just from an investigative perspective, he has means, motive and opportunity.

He has open access to classified info, he's a beltway insider, he has the most to gain from Trump's failure and no one would ever suspect that the VP was leaking to the press, but if a VP did leak to the press, it would be a golden source that would be accepted without question.

And somehow every time there is a leak dispelling Trump's lie, Pence always comes out looking like the victim. Just sayin...

@ForkNdaRoad Just from an investigative perspective, he has means, motive and opportunity. He has open access to classified...

From that view i see it, too. Instead of being duped, he very easily could be the duper.

And some of the info that has come out seems to come from very deep inside.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla From that view i see it, too. Instead of being duped, he very easily could be the duper. And some of the info...

Very deep, and he's also the President of the Senate. That's a pretty neat hat-trick if so. lol

Frankly, I wouldn't blame him. I have numerous, principled disagreements with Pence, but by comparison to them, he seems like the only moderate minded person in the house.

I can't imagine he's anything other than concerned at where this is going.

@ForkNdaRoad Very deep, and he's also the President of the Senate. That's a pretty neat hat-trick if so. lol Frankly, I...

Im sure he is. Especially if flynn really did inform the transition that he was under investigation. That doesnt bode well for him.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Im sure he is. Especially if flynn really did inform the transition that he was under investigation. That doesnt...

I'm sure Trump's closest aids realize their political careers are over, for at least a solid 5-10 years, after this fiasco. They will have to work to re-brand themselves as credible professionals, if even possible at this point. Some of them are done, there's no going back. I'm sure Pence would rather not count himself among them.

ABC Still - anyone but clinton