Can it get too hot for you?

It's over 85°F inside here (or over 30°C for those that use the °C)

Image for post Can it get too hot for you?
Zolfies avatar Animals & Nature
9 40

Yes. A perfect day for me would be 60-70 degrees and clear. Unless I'm on vacation, 85°F and hotter is too hot.

Yes. I hate it when we have to run the A/C. I like the temp around 75, with open windows.

Definitely .... I'm not a fan of hot weather. I especially can't tolerate heat when I'm trying to sleep at night.

30c is nice, over that and it's too hot. We get 45c sometimes in summer and it's crazy. Today it's freezing though, I have heater on

@2571768

Wow I wouldn't have thought Canada would have anything like that. 35c with humidity is like our sub tropics

@2571775

Yeah we had 48c one day a couple of years back, it was bad, power outages due to air conditioning use and hospital over flowing with heat stroke patients.

@2571910

When we've had a week or more of over 40c, anything in the 30's is like a cool change. I would love around 26c every day. We can get down to minus 5 in winter. I don't enjoy the extremes in weather.

Inside, yes
Outside, no

@Carla Inside, yes Outside, no

So outside 100+ is still good with you?

@Zolfie So outside 100+ is still good with you?

Yes. Im good. I lived in wilmington, nc for several years, worked in construction. 95 with high humidity was very common.
If it was every day, all the time, it would become a bit tough.
But better that then the frigid winters here.

@Carla Yes. Im good. I lived in wilmington, nc for several years, worked in construction. 95 with high humidity was very...

If I may ask (and you can always not answer, or just PM me) but where is "here" in "the frigid winters here"?

If got to 85+ inside here and I was dying, I prefer cooler than that.

@Zolfie If I may ask (and you can always not answer, or just PM me) but where is "here" in "the frigid winters here"? If...

I live in northern lower michigan. It was rainy today and right now a balmy 40 degrees outside. I have a fire in the woodstove. Day before yesterday was 80 during the day. Today 52 tomorrow 69.

@Carla It does, and is....

That's why you need a good cuddle buddy for when it gets cold ;)

@Zolfie That's why you need a good cuddle buddy for when it gets cold ;)

Oh, my cuddle buddy is in tennessee. Im heading there. Be gone and toasty by summers end.
In the meantime, i have two dogs and four cats that sleep with me each night.

@Carla Oh, my cuddle buddy is in tennessee. Im heading there. Be gone and toasty by summers end. In the meantime, i have...

Awe, do they all get along? If they're friend, I bet I would enjoy petting them :)

Oh I bet you'll enjoy the warmer weather :)

@Zolfie Awe, do they all get along? If they're friend, I bet I would enjoy petting them :) Oh I bet you'll enjoy the...

My dogs are mother and son and are very close.

I have a very old cat that the dogs treat like an old lion.

My youngest cat thinks she is a dog, and those three are very friendly.

The siamese hates the youngest cat and ignores the dogs and they her. She and the old man are very close.

Then there is the tuxedo. He weighs over twenty pounds, which is bigger than all of them. He torments the dogs when one of them is alone with him. As a team, the dogs make him go high.

He and the siamese are close, until he feels frisky, then he overpowers her and she gets angry and finds the old man.

The dogs would love you. The old man, too. The others would be invisible.

Yes, i love it down there. Cant wait.

Sooooo much information!!

if its 18 or higher and sunny and im not by a lake to swim or pool its too hot

Im in Phoenix Ari fucking Zona....what do you think?

@Jaxxi Im in Phoenix Ari fucking Zona....what do you think?

I think Ari must be doing a great job with the f-ing, because Zona has always stayed together wink smilie

Though I have heard the heat is easier to take there, because of low humidity, so it's a dry heat and easier to take that a wet heat.

But yeah, I could see a number of people running around with little as reasonable possible on some of those hot/warm days.

Yes...and I can imagine it will get a LOT warmer....

@Sukiesnow Yes...and I can imagine it will get a LOT warmer....

Hopefully it won't get much warmer as I think the AC is broken. I believe it was 95+ outside and inside seemed to get up to 88 on the inside. Hopefully can get someone to come work on the AC tomorrow.

When it starts getting to the 90's...100's and over

Its easier? A direct oven type heat beating down on you, its not smothering like humidity, so its more direct like an inferno. If you think thats easier, either way it gets to be 120°here!

@Jaxxi Its easier? A direct oven type heat beating down on you, its not smothering like humidity, so its more direct like...

I think the point people were trying to make was that high humidity is tougher than high heat... but too much of either one is a killer.

Anonymous