+1

Is America underestimating North korea?

Darlings avatar
1 9

No. North Korea has been rattling swords for a long time. This administration has decided to rattle ours back, and I'm good with that. North Korea is a problem that keeps getting bigger and bigger. It eventually will have to be resolved.

The only thing we might be underestimating is the horror of a thermonuclear weapon being dropped on a populated city, and for understandable reasons. The only nuclear bombs ever dropped on civilians occurred almost 75 years ago, and those bombs are small compared to today's weapons. There are 25 million people in the Seoul metropolitan area. I can't imagine how terrible a nuclear strike on Seoul would be.

"Ground Zero" use to refer to the point where a nuclear explosion occurred. Now it's applied to where the 9/11 WTC towers once stood. Truthfully that's quite an exaggeration.

@PhilboydStudge No. North Korea has been rattling swords for a long time. This administration has decided to rattle ours back...

I agree Phil. It's one thing to have nukes in the hands of those who understand the ramifications of using them. It's another thing if they get into the hands of those who don't care what the ramifications are.

We don't underestimate their "capabilities". I think we have a good handle on that. It's tough to factor in the insanity/stupidity factor though. You never know when a Chihuahua might decide to attack a Bull Mastiff. In the end, it rarely works out well for the Chihuahua.

north korea is not a chihuahua and america is not a bull mastiff. The nuclear war between america and north korea wont be a tom & jerry show. Be practical.

@Darling north korea is not a chihuahua and america is not a bull mastiff. The nuclear war between america and north korea...

I'm always practical. Understand what you are referring to first when it comes to military capabilities of the US a N Korea. Do you understand the defensive capabilities of the US in the event of a nuclear strike against the US by N Korea? Now, do you understand the offensive capabilities of N Korea to launch such an attack? If you did, you would see it would be like a chihuahua attacking a Bull Mastiff. The ONLY way the chihuahua could inflict damage would be if the Mastiff allowed it to happen.

vice versa

Anonymous