0

During a TV show...I noticed a woman wearing Muslim garb. Instantly, a flash of hatred and irritation went through me. WHY? That's not me - I don't know that woman - but is it a part of me that has been influenced by our culture?

Image for post **During a TV show...I noticed a woman wearing Muslim garb. Instantly, a flash of hatred and irritation went through me.** //WHY? That's not me - I don't know that woman - but is it a part of me that has been influenced by our culture?//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
5 14

It's a subliminal that slipped through Suk, that's all. If you'd been daily inundated with horrific images and constant commentary about the worst offenses white, male neo-nazis have inflicted on society over the years, you'd wince at them too.

Thing is, you noticed it. That's more introspection in a few moments than most engage in over the course of a year. With that alone, you're light-years ahead of most voting Americans.

Maybe. Or a lack of understanding her culture.
Please dont let the bad..anyone of a group of people influence your feelings. That is a seed you shouldnt nurture.

@Carla Maybe. Or a lack of understanding her culture. Please dont let the bad..anyone of a group of people influence your...

I think their culture isn't great. But, I think it's attitudes on here that have influenced me.

@Sukiesnow I think their culture isn't great. But, I think it's attitudes on here that have influenced me.

Dont let narrow mindedness and hatred get into your head. Resist.

Muslims are not bad people. Terrorists are bad people. They kill more muslims then non muslims. It is hate that you should hate. Regardless of where it comes from.

Many "reactions" to things we see are because of our experiences and what we've seen. What have been our experiences with muslims over recent years?

@JustJimColo Many "reactions" to things we see are because of our experiences and what we've seen. What have been our...

I think they are okay...as far as my experiences. I think it's attitudes on here that have influenced me.

you realise that's not really you so I can't see a problem.

You intuitively sense that you're seeing a symbol of oppression. You can try to conform your attitude to political correctness, but your inner being doesn't play that game.

My reaction would be one of curiosity and then I would go about my business.

Anonymous