+9

Why is pink dedicated as a girly colour? I like Aqua, myself...

Image for post **Why is pink dedicated as a girly colour? I like Aqua, myself...**
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 11
@2576022

Yeah I've always thought that the light colors or shades were more feminine and the dark colors or shades were more masculine.

I don't know if this article is correct, but it suggest that pink (a lighter shade of red) was a masculine color for boys (with red being for men) and blue (especially lighter blue)) was a feminine color until WWI era.

In WWI a lot of the uniforms were, and then it became they switched with blue seen as more masculine, and pink more feminine.

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/inot...ur/#.pxtq3ljmw

Again, I don't know if this is correct or not but sounds interesting. I also figure that with the wars against Britain and France, the color red was less appealing to some in the US.

@Zolfie I don't know if this article is correct, but it suggest that pink (a lighter shade of red) was a masculine color...

Yes...I think I heard that, too.

Can you imagine another colour being feminine? We might hate (or love) like, let's say, yellow.

Just about every pastel seems girly to me. I'm not a huge fan of any of them honestly with the only exceptions being yellow or other peachy neutrals.

Good question. I'm quite a fan of pink myself

I don't know - I hate pink. I like the teal color, but also coral and all the other colors of the Caribbean islands, though I do love the bright colors of tropical flowers. But, pink? Yuck!

I like Turquoise and Black myself

I heard Hitler did it. Blue used to be for girls. WWII, mainly Hitler, switched it all up