Piper2s avatar
14 116

Karma's a bitch.

@JustJimColo Karma's a bitch.

karma will get you someday for being a heartless ****

that hunter gave more money for conservation in one year then you have your entire lifetime. I am sad that your comment made the top, because it is ignorant at BEST

@Anonymousmouse karma will get you someday for being a heartless **** that hunter gave more money for conservation in one year...

Lets talk about ignorance, shall we? I'm a hunter, but I'd never hunt for trophies. It robs the herd of the best bloodlines. The ignorance of trophy hunters and those who support them is beyond belief. What dictates the strength of a species? The largest and strongest siring the offspring. When you kill the best, you are left with a weaker herd and a weaker species. (Just so some moron can put a head on his wall) (If you knew anything at all about wildlife, you'd know this)

Nature based tourism does play a significant role in national development, but trophy hunting is insignificant. Across the investigated countries, trophy hunting revenue was only 1.8% of tourism revenues.
http://www.ecolarge.com/work/th...n-communities/

Claiming this puts food on natives tables is just a joke.

@JustJimColo That link is your argument???? ROFLMAO

better then your emotion based illogical and nonfactual arguments, you end hunting, you effectively take away ALL money fighting against poaching. so get off your moral high horse and get educated. honestly. repeating your ignorance on the matter won;t change facts.

@Anonymousmouse better then your emotion based illogical and nonfactual arguments, you end hunting, you effectively take away ALL...

Your inexperience and complete lack of common sense is what is lacking here. Did I say end hunting? No. It needs to be managed by qualified wildlife personnel. (Not trophy hunters) Are you simple minded enough to actually believe all hunters are trophy hunters? Do you even want to claim a large percentage are?
Poaching is something that is done illegally. The percentage of legitimate hunters that poach is extremely rare. (Hate to break it to you slick but the overwhelming amount of money that fights poaching comes from legitimate hunters) Look it up. Hunting in the US alone generates 37 Billion a year in revenue. How much did you say your trophy hunters contribute?

Your profile indicates you are a city boy. No wonder you know nothing about wildlife or breeding.

@2576138

the ignorance here is astounding! wow. how much have you given towards conservation, unless its in the thousands i suggest you shut it. how much food did you give to starving kids and families in africa? i bet NONE! so shut your mouth. this hunter did far more good for conservation then your wishing his head was mounted ever will

@2576147

again with the ignorance, how dumb can you be??? he didn't make money off that elephant other then maybe the show he is with, but this hunter paid good money from his job to hutn that elephant, without hunters like him their would be NO CONSERVATION program, no conservation program would mean the extinction of a lot more animals, how would you sleep at nigth knowing that your ignorance of hunting caused the extinction of many animals???

stop with your uneducated comments, SERIOUSLY!

@2576159

where is your respect for the man who DIED????(what a hypocrite you are) sorry I have no respect for people who wish others death or make any kind of joyful comment about it. and I have no respect for those who attack hunter with 100% emotional opinions and zero fact. if you did your research you would not be so much against hunting as you are.

@2576290

http://theconversation.com/trop...wildlife-29938

well because im not ignorant on the subject, YOU are

@dru18 And of course you sided with this a-hole as well...

well might as well call me an asshole too because I HUNT and I am proud to hunt, I have given more money to save animals then the lot of you on this forum. so bug off with your anti hunting and quite frankly IGNORANT comments

@Anonymousmouse well might as well call me an asshole too because I HUNT and I am proud to hunt, I have given more money to save...

First of all, I think you are more than a little confused. Nobody is saying anything against hunting. They are disagreeing with TROPHY HUNTERS!!

@2576252

Yes, she still died. I understand some of the justifications, but never, ever, will I understand someone deriving pleasure out of taking the life of an animal.

I had seen the video, but it's good to see it again. Thank you sharing it, semple, and for your input.

@2576063

I do not know, of course, which part you found so amusing. I am, however, delighted that my post supposedly gave you a laugh. smile smilie

@2576097

Just curious about what made you laugh, ChuckTom. "Jeez" indeed.....

Justice, in a karmic way.. He was playing with fire and he got burnt. At least he died doing what he loved.

@PhilboydStudge Justice, in a karmic way.. He was playing with fire and he got burnt. At least he died doing what he loved.

He did. I have to wonder why some people think that not mourning his death, is somehow "celebrating" it.

i wonder what kind of karma people who are happy the guy died is going to get, hopefully not the same fate.

@Anonymousmouse i wonder what kind of karma people who are happy the guy died is going to get, hopefully not the same fate.

I'm not happy the man died. I'm just saying that when a guy is killed by the very elephant he is hunting, that's karmic justice.

If the same guy was killed by an elephant while lounging in a hammock in his backyard, then I would consider that a karmic travesty.

If you're killing animals for sports, I have a hard time finding any fucks to give about your well being.

@Sofia If you're killing animals for sports, I have a hard time finding any fucks to give about your well being.

Thank you for your input, Sofia. I do not feel any sadness either, when someone with a delight in killing, gets killed....

May he forever suffer in the bowels of hell being repeatedly devoured and defecated by beasts of the wild.

@Piper2 I wouldn't wish that on anyone, myself, but thank you for answering. :)

You are a gentle one Piper. My comment wasn't intended to upset you - I apologize. I have zero regard for big game hunters - none. They get off on murdering animals for no reason other than to stroke their own ego. I suppose getting squashed by one of his victims is pretty good - I'm just vindictive enough to want payback for all the others he took as well.

Again, my apologies for upsetting you.

@Budwick You are a gentle one Piper. My comment wasn't intended to upset you - I apologize. I have zero regard for big...

I was referring to wishing someone to suffer in "hell" forever, Budwick. I think it's just fine, that he got crushed to death by one of the animals he had such a passion for killing.
You are wrong about me being so "gentle", and you didn't upset me at all....

@Budwick Well, three strikes - but I didn't upset you. I'll take that!

No strikes, just a little disagreement about wishing anyone to suffer in "hell" for eternity.

@Piper2 Yes, LorrainTwelvehundredRaineTwelvehundred.

Piper My dear, talk to me anytime, they gave me a very long screen name - not my pick. You and everyone can just call me raine or LL. n Have a wonderful summer day

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Piper My dear, talk to me anytime, they gave me a very long screen name - not my pick. You and everyone can just...

Thank you, raine dear. I hope you have a wonderful day, too.
I imagine you could get your user name shortened some, should you wish to.

@Budwick May he forever suffer in the bowels of hell being repeatedly devoured and defecated by beasts of the wild.

seriously? what an uneducated self righteous jerk! and i thought you where conservative!

how much money did you give to conservation, I guarantee that hunter gave more in one year then you did in your full lifespan, how many thousands of dollars worth of food did you give to starving africans? bet you haven;t given much food, this hunter probably has donated thousands of dollars worth to starving people in africa. SO BUG off with your uneducated BULLSHITE!

and murder? how stupid can one get? seriously. murder by definition is the deliberate taking of another HUMAN LIFE! sorry but your attempts at making a point are failing BIG TIME!

@2576146

Or more like killing a gangsters family and then donating the cash from selling family heirlooms. Elephants are a precious gift that I fear mankind will eliminate just as they did the giant versions from the ice age.

@2576146

he had a job, he used that work money to buy his liscenses and his own flight, goes to africa and hunts one Elephant, now with that money african government can use to stop poachers who would kill 20 elephants, without this hunter or other hunters like him their would be NO money to stop these poachers and say GOODBYE to animals.

enough with spreading uneducated anti hunting BS

@Anonymousmouse he had a job, he used that work money to buy his liscenses and his own flight, goes to africa and hunts one...

He lived in Africa, and it was his wealthy clients who often flew there.
"He won a reputation as a sought-after specialist in leopard and lion hunting, and pioneered a new method of using hounds to track big game, according to his hunting company’s website."

@2576154

you will be our undoing, your emotionally driven non fact based anti trophy hunting will cause us all to loose the right to hunt.

trophy hunting is the only reason africa still has elephants or rhino's etc etc. trophy hunting in Africa provides food for the homeless in africa, also think about that before attacking your fellow hunters

@2576158

well without guys like him poachers will have elephants extinct in a blink of an eye. so, unless YOU PERSONALLY are willing to donate thousands of dollars yearly to replace the void of money from trophy hunters provide, and give several tons of meat to the needy every year. i suggest you get off your moral pedestal, and thank the hunters instead of attacking, they are why elephants still excist today, or rhino's or many other animals.

not one animal has been saved by you whinny lot complaining about hunters

@Anonymousmouse well without guys like him poachers will have elephants extinct in a blink of an eye. so, unless YOU PERSONALLY are...

one single safari elephant hunt probably costs upwards of 4-5 thousand $ for the licences alone, that doesn;t include the accommodations and such.

so UNLESS you people are willing to give that every single year, or even once or twice, you have no moral right to be against a safari hunt. NONE whatsoever.

@Anonymousmouse seriously? what an uneducated self righteous jerk! and i thought you where conservative! how much money did you...

[Excerpted from my comment on your post of the same topic.]

The concept of trophy hunters as wildlife conservationists is understandable, except it doesn't work. First, not all trophy hunters are noble men with the best of intentions. They along with many other resource predators will do whatever it takes to achieve their goals – they will ruin entire ecosystems and communities in pursuit of a specific hardwood or mineral and kill animals in the most barbaric way to extract specific body parts. They will threaten, terrify and kill people and bribe whoever it takes.

There's even something called Canned hunting, where captive bred lions are released into small enclosures to be hunted in a "no kill no fee" arrangement, but I am the shitty human.

Many of these creatures happen to be in some of the most remote areas of the world, spread across countries without stable government, areas threatened by habitat loss, habitat fragmentation…human activities that disperse and displace the animals. They have difficulty keeping the people alive for Pete's sake.

Suck it back in there SH9 - your attacks, much like the fallen trophy hunters, are unwarranted.

@Budwick [Excerpted from my comment on your post of the same topic.] The concept of trophy hunters as wildlife...

except it does work, only if you get your head out your southern ends

your atatcks on the hunter and praise for his death are unwarranted, so bug off

@Anonymousmouse http://theconversation.com/trop...wildlife-29938 except it does...

The article you sent me to simply restates the problems in a similar way that I did. It mentions poaching, illegal hunts, government failures, etc. The focus of the article is simply to separate legal, sanctioned trophy hunting from poaching. yawn smilie

Animal populations still decline, habitat still declines, illegal hunting still goes on.

I understand conservation and even the need for culling a particular species to help ensure the strength of the overall population. Trophy hunting doesn't support that at all. They seek the biggest, baddest whose head to mount for the hunters pleasure. Often using unsportsmanlike like methods to get it.

These animals are in desperate conditions for species survival. Their herds need protection - not thinning.

@2576066

Seems like it me, too, so we must be "heartless"....

@2576066

wrong a trajedy I wouldn;t wish on my worst enemy. you are heartless

@2576155

I'm sure glad you're not him, too.

@2576155

"just for sport" wow, so much ignorance rigth there, first off the meat is NOT wasted, it is either eaten by the hunter or DONATED to the poor of the country, that right there is more charity then you have ever done so shut it!

secondly the money spent for that hunt probably stopped several poacher from illegally killing 20 elephants or more, SO YES I DO SUPPORT these LEGAL hunters!!!!!!!!!! so BUG OFF with your uneducated and quite frankly IGNORANT comments and get educated on the subject before replying!

@2576275

funny how liberals are so freaking aggressive against anyone with facts/different opinions

@Anonymousmouse funny how liberals are so freaking aggressive against anyone with facts/different opinions

You have undeniably been the most personally insulting and "aggressive" individual on this post. Are YOU a "liberal", then? smirk smilie

@Anonymousmouse "just for sport" wow, so much ignorance rigth there, first off the meat is NOT wasted, it is either eaten by the...

How can killing endangered species be justified. I wish elephants and leopards could take up arms and shoot to kill any person who gets near them.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred How can killing endangered species be justified. I wish elephants and leopards could take up arms and shoot...

done with ignorant people, i could go on explaining why hunting is necessary but i feel like i would get further talking to a brick wall then you ignorant people

@Anonymousmouse wrong a trajedy I wouldn;t wish on my worst enemy. you are heartless

Elephants are becoming better at getting revenge. I am more than glad that evil man was killed by one of the animals he loved to see killed by his equally as evil customers. Take up human hunting no way will humans ever be endangered.

@2576162

Well, there are quite a few "facts" in that source link. He had a business of killing certain wild animals for profit, and one of them fell on him in her death throes.

@2576247

The post is about a "passionate" hunter of big game being crushed to death by one of his sometimes targets. Maybe some people shouldn't try to make it about them...

@2576162

well they donate thousands towards helping conserve animals, and they donate food to the homeless of the country, so unless you are willing to give that much money with NOTHING in return then you can be against hunting

@2576170

that depends, can you make educated comment or stick with an uneducated emotion based opinion?

this thread pisses me off because it is hate based on personal opinion against hunting instead of FACTS. if they had facts they would not be so heartless towards a HUMAN who DIED.

@Anonymousmouse that depends, can you make educated comment or stick with an uneducated emotion based opinion? this thread pisses...

This "thread" is in no way a hate based opinion against hunting. Certain kinds of hunting? Maybe...

It's still sad. Chances are he might have died working with animals anyway since he worked in that field...it's a risky job.

If it wasn't him in that job...it would have been someone else.

It is noteworthy to remember :) that elephants supposedly have long memories.

@2576394

Yes...but was hitler's death sad? But can you compare this guy to hitler?

@2576741

hehe smilie Clever tactic, Another. Never would have guessed it if I wasn't so bright. And original. Ha.

not justice. this person has donated thousands of dollars towards stopping poachers, and to help conserve animals, he has most likely donated food to the needy of africa, he was more charitable then ANYONE who is rejoising over his tragic death. people who call it karma or call it justice are PATHETIC, cruel and quite frankly make me hate society even more

@Anonymousmouse not justice. this person has donated thousands of dollars towards stopping poachers, and to help conserve animals...

Do you have some knowledge of the man donating thousands of dollars towards stopping poachers? Maybe he did, just so he could make money off the wealthy trophy-hunters who have some blood-lust for killing them.
Very little of the money taken in for such enterprises, goes towards helping either the "needy" people in the country, or towards conservation.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-e...g-db6b00e11023

@Piper2 Do you have some knowledge of the man donating thousands of dollars towards stopping poachers? Maybe he did...

yes i do, its called the LICENCE HE PURCHASED!

stop being so ignorant on the subject!

dude, most trophy hunters donate the meat directly yo the needy. seriously.

sad that people like you type or open your mouths without fact checking

@Anonymousmouse http://theconversation.com/trop...wildlife-29938 very much doubt that

Doubt all you want, dude. Because I know I am emotional about this subject, I've read quite a bit about the claim that trophy-hunting benefits the conservation of a species, from many different sources.
https://africageographic.com/bl...tion-benefits/

You have been quite insulting to most everyone who commented on this post. The fact that a small percentage of the money spent for a license to kill might trickle down to "needy" people or "conservation", does not change the reality of what trophy hunting IS......people getting a yee-haw moment out of killing certain wild animals, and those who profit from their blood lust.

Not really if that is a paid hunter, with a permit. Those are expensive and do a lot of good for the long run despite the horror of killing for fun.

They shot in self-defense.

Theunis Botha was leading a hunt in Gwai, Zimbabwe, when they ran into a herd of elephants.

All of a sudden three elephants stampeded towards the group of hunters, which prompted Botha to open fire with his rifle.

Cezars avatar Cezar Disagree +1Reply
@Cezar They shot in self-defense. Theunis Botha was leading a hunt in Gwai, Zimbabwe, when they ran into a herd of...

I am aware of that some of the elephants charged, Cezar. Although I read about the man and incident from several different sources, none specified just which kind of animal was targeted to be slain that day.

@Piper2 I am aware of that some of the elephants charged, Cezar. Although I read about the man and incident from several...

The group Theunis Botha was in didn't shoot.
They just ran across these elephants and one or two charged them.

Then they shot in self-defense.

Cezars avatar Cezar Disagree 0Reply
@Cezar The group Theunis Botha was in didn't shoot. They just ran across these elephants and one or two charged them...

Do you have some particular point? The hunting group ran across a small herd of breeding elephants, and a few of them charged.
That is clearly stated in the links I provided.....

@Cezar The point is, the elephants started it. ;)

Who "started it" in this particular instance, has nothing to do with my question.

@Cezar But, it should be.

No, not really. "Theunis Botha specialized in hunting leopards, lions and other "big game" with packs of dogs. His passion was taking wealthy trophy-hunters out to satisfy their desire to kill certain wild animals."

Elephants were sometimes the targets of he and his 'clients'.

People eat animals everyday without being sad about it, so why should we be sad if an animal eats a person?

@Sukiesnow People eat animals everyday without being sad about it, so why should we be sad if an animal eats a person?

Some of us are sad about it. The animals people most commonly eat, however, are not prone to be eating people...