+12

There's different forms of patriotism, amirite?

Image for post There's different forms of patriotism, amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
3 7
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I seriously lol'd at "alternative patriotism."

In America we'll have our taxes forcefully raised, while spending also increases, but we still won't get any of those things. They're going to use it to put more of our kids in wheelchairs.

That's interesting Fly. I read an entirely different account of German patriotism on Spigel's site earlier today. Here are some highlites and a link - you know in case you would like to learn stuff.

Germany's Patriotism Problem
Just Don't Fly the Flag

Over six decades after the end of World War II, Germans still have a pathological fear of patriotism. Flying the flag is still a faux pas.

"Berlin is an odd world capital: Whereas cities like Washington, London and Lisbon relish in a little flag-flying patriotism, Berlin shies away from the black, red and gold tricolor. Sure you'll find it on the four corners of the parliament building. But elsewhere? Forget about it. Almost no German corporation flies a flag outside its headquarters, like British banks in The City do. And flags in front lawns Long Island style? No way.

Across the rest of Germany, it's the same story. National pride, especially when it comes to publicly displaying a love, or even a mild affinity, for Germany is still simply taboo."

http://www.spiegel.de/internati...-a-411948.html

So, Fly, what are your plans for Memorial Day? Gonna tip over some monuments? Desecrate a military cemetery?

Thanks

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

"Delivered unto me," get it? Satan is the god of earthly authority. Patriotism is glorifying Satan.

Germans are bonkers any way you look at them. You can bbe jailed for waving your hand the wrong way. I mean besides the Nazi salute!