Which movie or TV character's death hit you the hardest?

doctorwho1011s avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
12 20

Lieutenant Colonel Henry Blake

@VicZinc Lieutenant Colonel Henry Blake

I'm with you on this one Vic! Of course I knew it wasn't real, but it still made me sad, maybe pissed at the writers - they didn't //have // to do that.

@2580228

I haven't seen FA yet, and I already know that will be on my list when I watch it. People speak of that a lot.

Alan Rickman

Author Terry Prachett

Ragnar -> Vikings season 4.

James Garner (Noah) and Gina Rowland (Ali) in The Notebook. Such a sad ending. Dying together in each others arms.

• The Ponds (technically Amy and Rory just disappeared, we don't see them die, but that hit me hard. Also, River. Seeing her "death" scene after knowing her story and then her proper goodbye to 11 as a ghost... yeah, I weeped my heart out), the Doctors (technically, they don't die, but their current form disappears)
  • Glenn Rhee, Beth and Hershel Greene
  • Dumbledore, Dobby, Sirius and Snape (if the books count, then I'll add Fred, Lupin and Tonks)
  • Khal Drogo, Starks, the direwolves, Oberyn Martell
  • Charlie Bradbury, Kevin Tran, Bobby Singer, Gabriel
  • Derek Shepherd, Lexie Grey, Mark Sloan, George O'Malley, Adele Webber (I cried like a baby watching Richard at the wedding), Denny Duquette, Charles Percy (mostly because Miranda broke my heart in this scene)
  • Marley (Marley&Me)
  • Jack Dawson (Titanic)
  • Ellie Fredricksen (Up)
  • Sam (I Am Legend - I used to have a German Shepherd, so... yup)

And many, many more.

Dan from Roseanne. It broke my heart.

@2580266

I knew this thread would result in spoilers lol. No he died on the final episode. During Roseannes ending narrative. They didn't actually show his death.

The Red Wedding deaths in Game Of Thrones.
Sgt Julia Richmond in Strike Back
Lexa in The 100

Lucille Ball...that really broke my heart sad smilie

🦋