StarzAboves avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 70

I hope you have good weather for your garage sale...it's such a good way to off load stuff....

@Sukiesnow I hope you have good weather for your garage sale...it's such a good way to off load stuff....

Thanks, I do too. People will come if it's just raining, but if it's a storm, no one will arrive.

@2582787

That's why I'm having a garage sale. I hope to get rid of at least some of it, so no one else will have to deal with it one of these days. lol

@2582813

Garage sales are a lot of work....and before I started, I felt like just hauling it all to the Goodwill. Our Neighborhood Assn. has two every year, Spring and Fall, and this is only the second time we participated. This neighborhood is packed when the sale is on, in fact cars have trouble getting through. So hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be a success.

@2582835

I know, and I'm not looking forward to it. Plus, no matter what price you put on things, they will try to talk you down. Ours starts at 8, hopefully we won't open the door until then, because usually people are sitting out in their cars waiting. lol

@2582844

Geez, that's so funny, I wish I had the nerve to do that. I had people steal a few things....gosh if I had known they wanted it that badly I would have given it to them. One walked out with a foot stool and none of us saw her.

@2582850

I have a lot of really good stuff marked cheap, but I know someone will try to weasel me down.

@2582864

I've done that on some things...people are just looking for bargains, and I don't blame them.

@2582867

lol And everyone is happy. hehe smilie

Yeah, I have way too much stuff. I do get rid of some of that stuff now and then, but I still have too much stuff. :)

Most of it is in labeled containers in the spare room or garage , at least, and unlike many of my neighbors, I still have room for two cars there in the garage, when necessary.

I sell or give away stuff...i don't like stuff building up..

@DandyDon I sell or give away stuff...i don't like stuff building up..

Me either, I watch that hoarder show and it makes me gag. How can people live like that, it's disgusting.

@StarzAbove Me either, I watch that hoarder show and it makes me gag. How can people live like that, it's disgusting.

I know those people using litter boxes because the plumbing is gone. I worry that if I don't rid myself of stuff I might fall into that type of life, but I do need flat surfaces to walk on so I won't have piles like they do.

@2582896

Same with me. I have stuff stored away that I've forgotten about. lol

@2582928

Sales are a lot of work, but I have some really good stuff that I hope will bring in a few dollars, if not, it will be given away. Probably to AmVets.

@2583463

When they get that picky I always try to come up with a fun counter offer, such as

It says: $2
They offer: $1
I counter: $2 OR $1 and __**both__** of your shoes! hehe smilie

It normally gets the message across ;P , though once in a while you'll have someone get upset and/or start talking their shoes off, saying they'll give them to you.

Also warning, this trick doesn't work nearly as well with hats... people will give up a random hat for a $1... so maybe pick a different option, unless you want the hat.

Also people will start coming with dirty/old shoes to offer them in the future wink smilietongue smilie but just change the item you wanted smile smilie

@2583880

Haglers are weird. Me mum had yard sales every year you could be asking 5 cents still they want to get it for less.

@2593486

I had one item priced for $20.00 which was a good price, but the lady wanted me to come down to $15.00. lol We settled at $18.00. I knew she wanted it, and probably would have paid $20 for it. But I wanted to get rid of it.

@2593486

No I am too stubborn, I don't give free to those people give it to charity.

@2583880

Well usually that tricks solves the problem.

You could always make a sign that says hagglers will be shot on sight wink smilie ...

Well, I'm not sure how well gun jokes go over up there...

@2583903

I do too... I just wasn't sure if people would realize that means no haggling without another sign... like a bright red one that directly says it!

I have been pitching stuff like crazy still have way to much stuff

Yup I have a lot of STUFF to stuff things with wink smiliesmile smilie

Too much for one little house to hold, people keep giving me big furniture that I don't want. So soon I will have to have a sale let people come in and buy iy for cheap just to drag it all out of here.

A bit bit more than I need in some respects

Anonymous