Iceelton654s avatar
1 5

First concert I ever went to. Fleetwood Mac in 1978.

So many concerts...can't remember which one was the first one...probably something in the park....

Rolling Stones in 1966. Was hard to hear the music over all the screaming girls in the crowd!

Friday 4 September 1964

The Beatles performed a single show at Milwaukee Arena.

Tickets cost between $3.50 and $5.50, and had gone on sale in April 1964. Within a week all 12,000 had sold out. Also on the bill were The Bill Black Combo, The Exciters, Clarence 'Frogman' Henry, and Jackie DeShannon.

Security was tight around the arena, as the Milwaukee authorities feared the effects of Beatlemania. The Beatles arrived in the city by aeroplane in the afternoon, and were met by around 700 fans. Fifty police officers and 30 county deputies had difficulty restraining the fans, despite makeshift fences being erected, and officers with fire hoses stood by. At one point around 100 fans broke through the cordon and rushed towards an approaching plane.

During the show the Red Cross posted 18 people around the venue, armed with ammonia and other inhalants, and treated at least 10 fainting girls.

The Beatles performed their usual 30-minute set, arriving on stage shortly after 9pm. They played Twist And Shout, You Can't Do That, All My Loving, She Loves You, Things We Said Today, Roll Over Beethoven, Can't Buy Me Love, If I Fell, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Boys, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.

I was 14.

The Corrs January 2016

Anonymous