Trishs avatar Music
4 8

I still like the headphones when talking with someone when there is a lot of background noise, on the tractor, or when it's hard to hear.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo No, I like plugging in my headphones +3Reply

I like them to keep people from disturbing me.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy No, I like plugging in my headphones +1Reply

I haven't tried the wireless alternative yet, but corded headphones will only become outdated when it's replacement works as well or better, which could be now but I don't know.

One reason that the phone manufacturers want to move away from headphone jacks is that the 3.5mm jack has been a standard for many years and now the actual thickness of the phone itself is limited by the size of the jack, or in other words, the phone could be thinner if it wasn't for the headphone jack.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer I am undecided +1Reply
Trishs avatar Trish No, I like plugging in my headphones +1Reply
@Trish I guess people won't be happy until their phones are as thin as a credit card,hmm?

I remember when they were the size of a brick and people said, wow I can't believe how small they are now hehe smilie, but in reality, people are always going to want a decent sized screen so that will limit the size of the phone, but it could become paper thin I guess? but would have to also be strong.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer I am undecided +2Reply

I like them because I can listen to my music on full volume and sometimes drown out the world when I need it

🦋

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess No, I like plugging in my headphones 0Reply

Smartphones are outdated, when compared to geniusphones. One usually comes with a van full of loudspeakers, sometimes even a random band is included in the deal.