Have you ever tried to cross the road Frogger-style?

Image for post Have you ever tried to cross the road Frogger-style?
primeiros avatar Jokes & Humour
7 16

In Madeira, sometimes. But in Lisbon? No way. I like being alive and most people here have no respect whatsoever for the pedestrians.

For example, here the traffic lights normally takes some time to change. There's a period of like 5-10 seconds that both the traffic lights for the cars and the people stay red. When the lights turn red for the cars (in the bigger roads), they normally speed up, instead of slowing down (and many of them end up passing when it's green for the people). And if someone tries to pass the road (not on the crosswalk), they speed up too. No way I'm doing that here. Passing in the crosswalk with the traffic lights it's already dangerous enough.

@Sofia In Madeira, sometimes. But in Lisbon? No way. I like being alive and most people here have no respect whatsoever...

Interesting, for some reason I imagined that traffic in Lisbon would be more disciplined. We Brazilians always tend to think that they have it better in more developed parts of the world, but apparently drivers in Lisbon can be just as disrespectful as some can be around here. But this isn't surprising, since it's all the same humankind anyway.

I may have crossed the road impatiently a couple of times, but that's already more than my shame allows me to admit. :P

@primeiro Interesting, for some reason I imagined that traffic in Lisbon would be more disciplined. We Brazilians always tend...

In Madeira it's not that unusual to see people crossing the roads - it tends to be calm there.

Lisbon is exactly as I expected. Roads with three, four lanes tend to be like this, but the ones with two lanes are more manageable.

@Sofia In Madeira it's not that unusual to see people crossing the roads - it tends to be calm there. Lisbon is exactly...

I saw streets with 3 lanes in my trip to Oklahoma. Playing the frog there is next to impossible, and just pisses everyone off, including the amphibian-wannabee (that is, if he/she/it doesn't die).

I also live in a calm place (it's an island too - Ilha do Governador, that belongs to the city of Rio de Janeiro) where it's not stressful to cross the streets. My street has little to no movement. Of course, if you go to the relatively more movimented streets and try to cross it Frogger-style rather than at least waiting for the vehicles to stop, that's another story. :P

Not since drivers started thinking they'd get points for hitting me.

Every time I lick a frog or two.

@ZonkeyBalls Every time I lick a frog or two.

Hey, I should try that! Maybe that way I can have their road-crossing abilities transferred to me. I heard it tastes like chicken.

Well I think that's just another day in NYC

Well I tried and people don't normally let me.

When I walk to my daughters house I have one busy road that is nearly impossible for people to cross. Last time I went to visit, I had someone hold up traffic so I could get across

I really had my heart set on crossing frogger style hehe smilie

🦋

Anonymous