SmartAZs avatar Politics
4 15

Can a Twitter user block another Twitter user? Yes, that's an accepted part of the site. Why should the rules of Twitter apply unevenly to users?

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of interaction. If you attend a political function and they don't like your behavior, they're within their rights to kick you out.

@Maze Can a Twitter user block another Twitter user? Yes, that's an accepted part of the site. Why should the rules of...

Well, that is a flaw in the article. Citizens have a right to sue congress for redress of grievances, not the president.

@2587923

I meant citizens have a constitutional right to sue congress, not to sue the president.

@2588058

Amendment 1
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I misquoted.

It's his right, but he needs to stop tweeting stupid stuff, dissing other people. Trump needs to grow up, leave that foolishness behind, start concentrating on the problems we are having, instead of acting like a bully. He's president, it's time he started acting like one, if that is even possible.

@StarzAbove It's his right, but he needs to stop tweeting stupid stuff, dissing other people. Trump needs to grow up, leave...

The president is about like the figurehead on the bow of a ship. He has no control over where the ship goes, but he is always the first one to arrive there.

@SmartAZ The president is about like the figurehead on the bow of a ship. He has no control over where the ship goes, but he...

That why I'm worried about our country, he has no idea what or where he's wanting to go or how to get there.

@StarzAbove That why I'm worried about our country, he has no idea what or where he's wanting to go or how to get there.

The bigger threat to the nation is your neighbors. Three thousand despots a mile away are more powerful than one despot three thousand miles away.

Trump can block whoever he wants as long as it's not me.

Yep, just as he can refuse to have a meeting in person with someone or talk to someone on the phone. If I don't want to be abused by someone on twitter, I can block them. Why should the President or ANY elected official be different?

Anonymous