I know a lot of people who preach that we should not be "shallow", and that we should accept everyone for what they are, not how they look. Yet these same people can't be dragged to the beach or pool because they are ashamed of their OWN body. They are being shallow to themselves!! What gives?

I see nothing wrong with ANY of the ladies in the photo.

Image for post I know a lot of people who preach that we should not be "shallow", and that we should accept everyone for what they are, not how they look. Yet these same people can't be dragged to the beach or pool because they are ashamed of their OWN body. They are being shallow to themselves!! What gives?
Nothing_Lefts avatar
5 23

I don't worry about what others look like at the beach, I only worry about myself.

This comment was deleted.
@2588425

I don't worry about what others think of me, or a social stigma. I worry about my bathing suit holding up. lol

This comment was deleted.
@2588435

Hey you, not so funny when one time my top slipped to places where it wasn't supposed to be. How embarrassing....lol

This comment was deleted.
@2588440

I got more than that. lol

@StarzAbove I got more than that...

I think it's interesting that I can be at the beach and girls are swimming topless and it's like.. .well whatever, but someone can be wearing a top and it can slip for a second and it's like ... wow awesome! I don't understand my mind at all lol!

This comment was deleted.
@2588448

Yeah right, and THERE I WENT.....lol lol

This comment was deleted.
@2588474

lol For some reason I find that hard to believe. lol

The older I got the more accepting I became.

This comment was deleted.
@2588442

Of everything - me, others, different opinions, etc.

I kind of see what you mean there, about people being "shallow" to themselves. Some people are just painfully self-conscious, though, and I don't think that necessarily equates to being "shallow" at all.

This comment was deleted.
@2588532

Oh, I see. :/

I guess if one tells someone to, or chides other people about not doing what they themselves cannot do, that could be considered a "mild" or sometimes not so mild hypocrisy.

Just encouraging other people to not be restricted by the constricts they themselves feel? I fail to anything anything "shallow'' or hypocritical about that, "metaphorically" or otherwise.

This comment was deleted.
@2588586

No, I said "cannot". So commenting without
total agreement to your post is being "combative", "breathing fire"? Wow....

Neither your post or former reply to my response to it, angered me at all. I'm baffled about why or how you'd think that.

I understand what you mean. I look at others and within certain limits don't even take notice of their body shapes or flaws. But I've only got to have a half an inch of body fat left over from winter and I'll feel self conscious. It doesn't make sense.

Well let me introduce myself as Princess Hypocrite. I preach all the time for people to be happy with how they look and to hell with what others think, yet sadly you wouldn't catch me within 50 miles of a beach and not because of just my fear of bodies of water but because I hate how I look.

Some days it is all I can do to get in front of the mirror. Ya I know sad and pathetic...I get it but at least I am an honest hypocrite.

🦋

This comment was deleted.