-2

Democrat Happiness GOP Shot!

I know I'm jumping the gun here - But I'll bet the shooter is a democrat all pissed off over the lies, fake news, exaggerations, and total BS being fed to America daily by democrats and their propaganda wing - the main stream media. Democrats, for the love of all things good, stop with your hateful rhetoric! You are literally driving people crazy!

Image for post Democrat Happiness GOP Shot!
Budwicks avatar Religion
2 73

I don't know anyone who thinks this is anything short of tragedy.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +10Reply

Don't be ridiculous, no rational person wanted to see this. Shame Budwick, you of all people should know better...

@ForkNdaRoad Don't be ridiculous, no rational person wanted to see this. Shame Budwick, you of all people should know better...

Fork - This nut job was a radicalized leftist. His heroes were the far left MSM, late night 'comedy', and politicians. The left has been force fed lies and BS for a long time but over the top ever since Hillary lost. I fear that this shooting is just the beginning.

Shame? I should feel shame? You've got to be joking! Offer up some of that shame to those that have been pushing and nudging the left to this outrageous point.

@Budwick Fork - This nut job was a radicalized leftist. His heroes were the far left MSM, late night 'comedy', and...

"Democrat Happiness GOP Shot"

Yes, shame. That's a shameful assertion.

I have and will continue to criticize those who purposefully incite violence and I certainly don't need a lecture from you on who is deserving of such...

@ForkNdaRoad "Democrat Happiness GOP Shot" Yes, shame. That's a shameful assertion. I have and will continue to criticize...

And that video was produced by ... some lefty.
You've proven my point.
And, you clearly are in need from a lecture from someone - cuz you're not thinking right!

@Budwick And that video was produced by ... some lefty. You've proven my point. And, you clearly are in need from a lecture...

Yep, a "lefty" made him say those things. Wow...

Budwick, I say this to you most sincerely, please don't be an opportunist. You know in your soul that it's wrong and that the language of one is no responsible for the behavior of another. Everyone can see that what you're doing here is the very thing you're accusing others of.

I tell you a truth, no one is fooled by attempts feign concern or to blame this disgusting act on legitimate political dissent. No amount of denial, red-herrings, shooting the messenger will change the easily verifiable reality that Trump himself, on multiple occasions, has openly voiced his desire to see violence.

There is no escaping that fact regardless of who captured the audio, video or the plethora of otherwise well documented evidence. And while Trump himself is not responsible for the violence that followed his rhetoric, that in no way negates the fact that he voiced his desire to see it happen.

All that is proven today is that a growing number of people wish to cherry-pick when this behavior is dangerous and when it is acceptable. Thinking people see it for what it is, fake outrage to score cheap political points and yes, it is shameful. I'm troubled for you that you either don't see that, or you choose to ignore it. People have eyes and ears and minds of their own and try as some may to capitalize on the horrible situation to pander politically, reasoned minds see it for what it is... the most disgusting brand of hypocrisy.

There was a kid present Budwick. Just stop man. You embarrass yourself. Everyone knows who has relished in violence throughout this circus people call a presidency and it's the same people trying to lecture those engaged in perfectly reasonable dissent. In essence, you fool no one man.

Things aren't divisive enough?

@PhilboydStudge Things aren't divisive enough?

Right? Evidently we all need a lecture about civility from the peanut gallery that had only excuses and rationalizations when our President was voicing his desire to see violent retaliation at his campaign rallies.

Sad, so pathetic and sad...

@ForkNdaRoad Right? Evidently we all need a lecture about civility from the peanut gallery that had only excuses and...

A lecture on civility?!
Have you outside of your mind?
Someone shot a Congressman today.
And, you're what, claiming it's Trump's fault? My fault? Republicans?

Anything other than rage fueled by the left.

Indeed - Sad, so pathetic and sad...

@Budwick A lecture on civility?! Have you outside of your mind? Someone shot a Congressman today. And, you're what...

I'm pointing out the facts as I always do. It is a fact that our president has openly encouraged violence to a constituency that rationalized it an only now appears concerned about the consequences of fomenting hate.

You want to take ownership of that type hypocrisy by engaging in the very behavior that contributes to it - be my guest. You indict yourself under with your own suggestion that this is somehow indicative of the broader sentiment of opposing minds. I for one realize, as I did when Trump's people acted on his rhetoric, that one person's evil doesn't speak for the people he associates himself with.

Spare me the the masquerade, 2015-2016 showed me all I needed to know about conservative concern over the incitement of violence. How dare cons seize on this horrible situation to feign outrage now. It's disgusting.

Let me ask you something, Budwick? How many Republican Senators were shot at when Bush held office?

Stop right there Phil. Stop and take a look at where this all came from. Go ahead and shoot the messenger if you want - but it's the left that caused this.

@Budwick Stop right there Phil. Stop and take a look at where this all came from. Go ahead and shoot the messenger if you...

No shooting will come from me.

What happened is terrible. I'm sure there are a few people who are happy to see something like this happen, but in my estimation it's a very small minority.

@PhilboydStudge No shooting will come from me. What happened is terrible. I'm sure there are a few people who are happy to see...

Of course YOU didn't and won't shoot. But others obviously will.

This nut job was a radicalized leftist. His heroes were the far left MSM, late night 'comedy', and politicians. The left has been force fed lies and BS for a long time but over the top ever since Hillary lost. I fear that this shooting is just the beginning.

There has got to be a more constructive way to vent the frustration of losing an election that perpetual rage.

@Budwick Of course YOU didn't and won't shoot. But others obviously will. This nut job was a radicalized leftist...

Sadly it seems people here are more on edge than normal. Let's hope we figure out how to resolve our differences peacefully.

@2590503

I know I jumped way ahead of the story - just a guess.
Did you hear the shooter had asked if those were democrats or republicans just before opening up fire?

@2590511

Once it's covered, bet ya it becomes another anti-gun issue - completely disregarding all the hate filled rhetoric that IMO brought this to a boil.

@Budwick Once it's covered, bet ya it becomes another anti-gun issue - completely disregarding all the hate filled rhetoric...

So far CNN hasn't discovered that the field was filled with republicans. They did do some deep investigation to determine they were congressmen, ... American congressmen.

@2590522

Including the heartfelt, totally unrelated detail -

"when Democratic members of Congress practicing at a different ballfield miles away heard of the shooting, they immediately stopped and said a prayer together, CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports".

@2591478

Not trying to be an ass - honest - but, the women could wear something other than skin tight yoga pants as an alternative.

@2591489

1) Thanks for not ripping my head off. I seem to have hit a rough spot, and the pleasant response was refreshing.

2) No, I'm totally vulnerable in the shower. If they get past the electrified fence, dogs, enhanced perimeter locks and alarms - I'm toast! hello smilie

@2591447

Why not? With all the violent liberals running around everyone should have a gun.

@2590991

Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.

I heard, and it's horrible. Thank goodness no one was killed, this time. There is definitely no shortage of hateful rhetoric from either 'side'....

(CNN has reported nothing about the shooter, except that he is thought to be a white male.)

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +4Reply
@Piper2 I heard, and it's horrible. Thank goodness no one was killed, this time. There is definitely no shortage of...

When it comes to recent hateful rhetoric, I think we can honestly give the award to the left.

@Budwick When it comes to recent hateful rhetoric, I think we can honestly give the award to the left.

Viscous Anti-Trump posts found on shooters Facebook page. Much like the crap posted here yesterday. THAT is what feeds idiots like this.

@Budwick Viscous Anti-Trump posts found on shooters Facebook page. Much like the crap posted here yesterday. THAT is what...

Budwick, I have been seeing and hearing "hateful" political rhetoric for a long time, especially since spending time on the internet. At first I thought the "award" would definitely go to the right, and then I realized that many on the left were just as bad.

I see posts here criticizing the current president, just like I saw the News & Politics page flooded with criticism of Obama every single day on SH. Some of it was downright sickening.

We agree, that some particularly hateful rhetoric likely does spur unstable people into a horrendous act like this morning's. It worries me, and did all during the last president's term, as well.

I've not noticed you toning down your consistent
digs and criticism of the other 'side', so what is your solution to lessening the division among those of us with differing views?

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +3Reply
@Piper2 Budwick, I have been seeing and hearing "hateful" political rhetoric for a long time, especially since...

Solution? - Stop the bullshit, the hate filled lies, stop the fake news, realize that while we may have differences, our common goal is the success of the country, accept that there's been no collusion with Russia, and of course ...

@Budwick Solution? - Stop the bullshit, the hate filled lies, stop the fake news, realize that while we may have...

Perhaps the president could start, with not doing everything you mentioned.

I'd like to think that we have mostly common goals, but in many ways we do not. The "success" of the country, I figure is one we ALL share, yes.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick If all the left is as blind as that, the country is doomed. Have a pleasant day.

Just out of curiosity, what about anything I've said leads you to the conclusion that I am blind?

I think it's pretty clear from I've seen you say here, but still. I've acknowledged that there is hate-filled rhetoric from both the 'right' and 'left', and of course there is more coming the left since Trump was elected. Just like there was more from the 'right' during Obama's term. Before he even got elected, actually.

We may have a different idea of what entails "hateful" rhetoric. Simply criticizing a president's words or actions doesn't exactly equate to "hate" all the time.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +1Reply
@Piper2 Just out of curiosity, what about anything I've said leads you to the conclusion that I am blind? I...

Piper, we've heard accusations from the left claiming he orchestrated a party in Russia to have prostitutes pee on a bed that Obama had slept in. There are incessant claims of treason without a shred of evidence. Claims of collusion - again without evidence. All supported by left wing night time 'comedy' shows and 'entertainers' making outrageous claims and images to further fuel the hate filled public.

Now, I've assumed, perhaps incorrectly that you are are aware of those things. So, if you are, how can you as a reasonable person not see that a constant visual / audible diet of that crap couldn't radicalize someone to take action - thinking they were being a patriot.

You want to play tit for tat - Sorry that ain't helpful - I ain't playing. You ask for a solution - I offer one and you demand that Trump start dancing to your tune. That's disingenuous Piper.

I can't / won't defend all the things that Trump has said or done. But, I don't believe he is guilty of any of the crap he is accused of on a daily basis.

Asking the left to bring down the level of their vitriol is not an unreasonable request.

@Budwick Piper, we've heard accusations from the left claiming he orchestrated a party in Russia to have prostitutes pee on...

Yeah, we've heard some of those things. It is about impossible, however, to not "play" a little tit for tat in response to your own words and post.

A while back you told me that everything Ann Coulter said was true, when I mentioned her "hateful rhetoric". She appears on TV, as a speaker at 'events', and writes books and stuff . Just the titles of her books include words like "treason" and "demonic", in reference to liberals.

Personally, I think it would be lovely if people started being more civil and less condemning towards those they disagree with politically. That does include the level of some of the "vitriol" towards this current president.
(The shooter hated Hillary Clinton too, by the way.).....

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +1Reply
@Piper2 Yeah, we've heard some of those things. It is about impossible, however, to not "play" a little tit...

Agreed.

If he was a Sanders supporter, and the DNC knee capped Sanders campaign, I guess I would understand his dislike Hillary. She doesn't get claim victim-hood on this shooting however.

@2590798

Thanks Linn.

@2591472

Thanks Random. I'll concede that my post was crude - poor taste. If I had to do it over, I would like to have done it differently. When I wrote it, I was pretty pissed.

The shooters affiliation wasn't really my target though. It was more his motivation. The pissed off left; Madonna wanting to burn down the White House, Snoop Dog shooting Trump in his music video, Clooney wanting to punch Trump, Griffin severing Trumps head, media consistent lies to derail republican progress and defame the president, and the hundreds of thousands of social media comments that perpetuate the lies are IMO the root cause of Wednesday's shooting.

@Budwick Thanks Random. I'll concede that my post was crude - poor taste. If I had to do it over, I would like to have...

"I'll concede that my post was crude - poor taste. If I had to do it over, I would like to have done it differently. When I wrote it, I was pretty pissed."

I'll concede that when I read this, I was pissed too and that affected my posting as well. For that, I'm sorry.

I greatly respect your above statement Budwiick, I appreciate that you posted it. That's pretty righteous.

@ForkNdaRoad "I'll concede that my post was crude - poor taste. If I had to do it over, I would like to have done it...

I appreciate your recognition. It's always more meaningful from those you respect.

@Budwick I appreciate your recognition. It's always more meaningful from those you...

Likewise...

I think we can both agree that regardless of how infuriating the the herd's behavior is, for our part, the anger stops well short of deriving pleasure through the pain of others.

We've known each other since SH and we disagree as much or more as we agree, but I've always known that much about you and it is what I most respect about you.

@2590462

CNN has never been known for 'analysis'

Okay, I am going to be the first brave soul to say this, "You reap what you
sow"

Meaning, that if you keep treating the poor as invisible, while touting an 'ass clown' leader who has nothing but contempt for people, outside of his "base", then expect the rage.

Condone or support it, no. Expect it, yes.

@2590569

Of course it would have been illegal for anyone to have been armed in that location. Thank goodness House Majority Whip Steve Scalise's security detail was there to take down the shooter. Without them, the massacre could have been much worse.

And yes, off course he was nuts! He was radicalized by the left!

If more people would open carry this could have been prevented.

Anonymous