0

Profile pics. If you are getting unwanted attention...perhaps your profile pic should be one of Nature.

This is the Internet. You can't count on ppl to be mature. This is why I don't use seductive pics...I don't want the unwanted attention that goes along with it. I also don't understand it when ppl do...like why? It's also suggestive when you see mostly women putting out many pics of themselves... guys don't do that. We all know you are beautiful but do you want the world to see it...like ALL the time?

Image for post **Profile pics.** //If you are getting unwanted attention...perhaps your profile pic should be one of Nature.//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 62
@2590990

So...do you like the suggestive profile pics of women?

@2590995

I agree! We are talking the Internet here! Not always rationally well-balanced people.

@2590994

y smilie It's not like it's gonna cause blindness, you think? lol

@2590994

You are Will...that is your mature opinion...and mine as well... But....

This is the Internet. You can't count on ppl to do the mature...so one should act accordingly.

Having a seductive pic online is tantamount to wearing a bikini to daycare.

@2591015

You nailed it. I never give anyone's avatar a second thought. It's their decision to post whatever they want.

@2591015

Yes. I'm agreeing but still I don't see the point in flattering oneself constantly in pic form. Like you said it will bring in some men with issues?...Who want's that attention?

No ones business who puts what out there. If you dont want to see, dont look.

@Carla No ones business who puts what out there. If you dont want to see, dont look.

This is the Internet. That argument would be relevant otherwise.

@Carla It is still relevant. Everyone has choices.

I'd agree if you were talking about mature people...but the Internet is not that. If someone is going to advertise themselves...they would do well to remember their audience.

OK. Well I took this in a completely different directions. I thought it was a protest piece about the Paris Accord and how no one cares about nature anymore. Silly me.

I guess to each his/her own. I have had the same Avatar since day one, I know it is very sexy (self portrait), so really no need to change it up - I still get 'hits' all the time wink smilie.

@2591043

Your avatar shows a beautiful woman.
Even if it was blank, i would still see a beautiful woman.

@2591043

Your avatars are all beautiful, and if anyone sees something else, then they have a problem.

This sounds too much like blaming the victim for my taste and I don't like that.

It reminds me of the "going out at night" talk from all kinds of people - "you shouldn't wear this, this and this. Don't drink too much and make yourself weaker. And you should always have a group with you". And if something happens "Did you drink? What were you wearing?" Not a joke. I've seen this happen, in real life.

It tends to be the targets that have to be careful and adjust to the problem, instead of people trying to destroy the problem. I don't like that method. It pisses me off. If a tree is rotten, you don't look at twigs to find the problem, you look at the roots.

The same with this. If people want to post pics of their faces, they should be able to. If someone doesn't know how to respect someone just because they have a face to look at, they should be banned from interacting with people.

Sorry if I sound hostile - this type of talk just really pisses me off.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +6Reply

I think it's fine if someone wants to put their own photo as their avatar. I don't think anyone has a problem with that. Tiff is a beautiful girl, I don't blame her for putting her photo out there....

It's really no one's business what anyone chooses to use as their avatar, some might say yours is pretty seductive....just saying.

@StarzAbove I think it's fine if someone wants to put their own photo as their avatar. I don't think anyone has a problem...

Why are you talking about Tiff for?

And this is not about you. We all know that it's not your real pic.

Just don't keep complaining (boasting?) about stalkers...this is the Internet...read my Introduction.

Just sayin...;)

@2591008

There are a lot of people who continually emphasize themselves in physical form...whether they are themselves in pics or not...not everyone knows since they haven't been as upfront as you have been.

My main issue is the fact that it garners unwanted attention and unwanted experiences. What you put out...you get back.

Notice: guys don't do that...there are no stories about men being harassed...

@Sukiesnow There are a lot of people who continually emphasize themselves in physical form...whether they are themselves in...

I don't think putting your own photo out there is emphasizing anything. If they want to do that why should anyone care? Maybe those that don't have their photo out there might be somewhat jealous of those that do, just saying.

I don't know of anyone being harassed because of their photo, if you know who that is, please tell us.

@StarzAbove I don't think putting your own photo out there is emphasizing anything. If they want to do that why should anyone...

Putting your photo out there is like attracting ammunition...like that mod here who used to wear Muslim garb. It's something people are going to focus in on...this is the Internet and mostly America...after all.

People always pull the jealousy card when they can't think of anything else to say.

There is harassment going on...but more to the point it's about the constant undertones that some women receive and then complain about receiving... If they are upfront and honest about it saying: Fine. I realize by posting my seductive pic is an advertisement of a sort...fine. I accept that and ALL the nasty consequences regarding. That's different but I don't see many ppl with that attitude.

@Sukiesnow Putting your photo out there is like attracting ammunition...like that mod here who used to wear Muslim garb. It's...

I never gave it a second thought when she had her Muslim garb on, and I doubt anyone else did as well.

Who is being harassed, and who is complaining, I've not heard anyone complain, and if so, why don't they report it to the mods?

I can think of plenty to say, but when a post like this appears, jealousy is the first word that pops up.

@2591008

Don't assume you know what people are thinking.

I deleted my comment to come back and hand this differently.

rolls eyes....whatever

🦋

@2591256

And some guys send us women pictures to put up as avatars....lol Remember all those you sent me? They weren't a reflection of me and neither is this cop photo. They are just photos, nothing more, nothing less.
\
I got more questions when I had no avatar at all. lol Go figure....lol

@2591306

Oh no. I like your sexy pic you have now....I'm sure all the women are harassing you about it, and I'm sure you love it. lol

@2591311

Well, I'll change that if you want, just say the word. lol

My cat picture gets lots of attention all over the web.If I change it I get complaints.The one time I put my own image up I started getting the kind of messages I don't want! Nature rules😸biggrin smilie

When you put out your profile pic...or AV...that is an extension of you......ask yourself...what am I advertising myself as?

@Carla It was the setting sun. Now it's the moon What does that say to you?

It's been a day
I don't know what else to say
It's all been said
Soon it's time for bed

What happened to that "story" of yours?

@Carla It was turning into a romance. Couldnt steer it away. I dislike romance stories.

I had one on Soda that turned out with everyone stabbing everyone else... I gave up after I realized they weren't as serious (interested) as I was in maintaining the story line.

@Carla It was a failed experiment. Now i know. I will stick to your word games. I enjoy them.

We started a new one...3 words make a Sentence... I'd send you a link if I could on this iPad. Check my posts...it's still new enough to be close to the front.

this be my profile pichttp://data.amirite.net/user_images/59421ea48adff.jpg

@2591014

That's a good way of putting it. It might just be your nature...

@Sukiesnow That's a good way of putting it. It might just be your nature...

You say you can't expect people to be mature online well darling ya can't expect people to be mature offline either. I have an equal amount of stalker both on and offline.

Should I or anyone else just wear a paper bag over on our head and become a hermit? Never speak to anyone because that is really the only option some have.

Anytime I have shared my experiences it is to help others. It is not to boast or brag. Have you have had a stalker? Do you know what that experience is like? To not be able to trust...constantly looking over your shoulder...going for a walk and not being able to breathe because someone is walking 15' behind you...to never be able to have a normal life because every time there is a car that is unknown pulls in your drive or the phone rings with a number you don't know panic just overwhelms you.

Anonymous