Keeping fit What do do to keep fit?

Or are you a couch potato?

Image for post Keeping fit What do do to keep fit?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Sports
4 19

Since I was about 15 I have been going to the gym about three times a week to do weights - nothing serious, I run about two to three times a week in the national park for about an hour and a half each time and then every few weeks I take a week or so off work and go swimming and surfing. I would like sex to be a regular part of my health regime but I've never really met a woman that is into that. But people at work often ask me why I do that kind of exercise, and I say that I've been doing it for around 35 years now, I've made it part of my life, like eating and even when it's hard, it's easy, so why stop? Plus my doctor is always excited to see me so I can't let her down lol

@StarzAbove That's great.... I wish I had your motivation.

Thanks! walking regularly is really great though! :)

@StarzAbove But you really exercise, I just walk around lol

That'll probably keep you alive and your knees safe until your 110, if only most of the population did that. Never underestimate the benefits of walking :)

@StarzAbove It hasn't kept my knee safe at all, I've had 4 knee surgeries.

Sorry to hear that eek smilie Hope they're better now and not giving you any problems

@OzSurfer Sorry to hear that Hope they're better now and not giving you any problems

All four surgeries were on the right knee, and now I have a new knee. lol

@StarzAbove All four surgeries were on the right knee, and now I have a new knee. lol

Yay that's great it's been fixed but I can only imagine that kind of surgery and recovery time was difficult?

@OzSurfer Yay that's great it's been fixed but I can only imagine that kind of surgery and recovery time was difficult?

Very difficult and very painful. The most painful surgery I've ever had. And the physical therapy was very painful....but it's over now, and no more pain.

lol I can't go through an airport scanner, so I carry a card explaining. Also whenever I have dental work, I have to take an antibody before each visit.

@StarzAbove Very difficult and very painful. The most painful surgery I've ever had. And the physical therapy was very...

That's amazing, I'm so glad there's no more pain It's hearing things like this that helps me focus on my health and looking after myself. Still it's great that surgery is an option when we need it

@OzSurfer That's amazing, I'm so glad there's no more pain It's hearing things like this that helps me focus on my health...

I fought the pain for a long time, but before surgery, whenever I took a step it was like a knife going through my knee. So I knew I had to have something done at that point.

@StarzAbove I fought the pain for a long time, but before surgery, whenever I took a step it was like a knife going through my...

It's things like this that make me feel so grateful every day I can wake up with no pain and do all the things I do and hearing situations like yours just gives me more motivation. I'm so glad you don't have the pain anymore. Imagine the days before modern surgery with things like this eek smilie

@OzSurfer It's things like this that make me feel so grateful every day I can wake up with no pain and do all the things I do...

I'm glad you are hale and healthy. Don't stop exercising. Stay in good shape. My knee problem was due to me helping lay a brick patio. I should have had knee pads on.....well I paid the price.

Usually walking is what I do.

I don't even know what I would keep it in.

Anonymous