Are you difficult when it comes to moving to a new home or general environment?

I recently moved to a new place, both my parents and I agreed that the new place is better but then I started only seeing the negatives. But eventually I got used to it and even like it now. It's not uncommon for me to initially be uncomfortable when I make a major move.

Image for post Are you difficult when it comes to moving to a new home or general environment?
33% Difficult indeed 27% I adapt easily 20% Maybe just a bit 7% Depends 13% Other
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 31
@2592826

So you easily adapt to a new place, I kinda struggle until I find all the shops and stores around an area.

Depends where I'm moving, if I want to, if the place is better than before, and if I'm doing it with someone I know or alone.

I tend to adapt well if I'm warned of the change coming, but if it's all quick with no warning, I'll still adapt, but chances are I won't do it happily.

Sofias avatar Sofia Depends +7Reply
@Sofia Depends where I'm moving, if I want to, if the place is better than before, and if I'm doing it with someone I know...

In most cases it's never perfect, you will have pros but you will definitely get cons too. I moved to a place closer to my university, the kitchen and bedroom are nice but the bathroom+shower are big as a shoe box. On the other hand my window looks straight at other windows and I have a tassle thingie instead of curtains and I feel a bit exposed, they have these big clattery blinds on the outside of the windows.

I'm difficult to move. Must be my sticky feet.

@ZonkeyBalls I'm difficult to move. Must be my sticky feet.

I guess there is no other place like home once we get cozy.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I guess there is no other place like home once we get cozy.

Well, I will come to your home and stick my feet to the underbelly of your sink.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Fancy some drain cleaner?

I'm trying to cut off my drinking. They don't even put any proper stuff in the drain cleaner these days.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I got the good stuff, the domestos

Nah, that stuff can't compete with the rainbow fart extract we used to spray around, before VX became the standard cleaning product for the more demanding costumer.

@2593066

Uncle Vic can. He is our resident stain inspector with a decree and everything.

@2593336

I love you, Horse-head Nebula.

@2593341

Max Headroom is stuttering in my closet again. With a horrifying twitch. Too much fabric softener for him...

I'm okay once it's done, but I absolutely hate moving. I bought this place 9 years ago, and I'm hoping to stay put for the duration.

@JanHaskell I'm okay once it's done, but I absolutely hate moving. I bought this place 9 years ago, and I'm hoping to stay put...

I'd be the same if I didn't need to move, the last rented place started having some issues. I'm not completely satisfied with what I have now but I was still lucky to get it considering the rest with my price range.

It's very difficult for me to move into new environments....I hope I never have to move again.

We moved over twenty seven timed when I was younger. I hate change, which is why I bought a house at the age of nineteen. I wanted my kids to know where home was.

@BarbOBarr We moved over twenty seven timed when I was younger. I hate change, which is why I bought a house at the age of...

I hope it wasn't a hasty decision, a faulty house would drain a lot of your money. I kinda want to do the same thing but then again the feeling gnaws at me what if it's not good? Sometimes you have to live in a place before you see the faults

@Sunny_the_skeptic I hope it wasn't a hasty decision, a faulty house would drain a lot of your money. I kinda want to do the same...

I love my home. I'm so grateful to have it. My husband is extremely handi, he has over the years turned out home into beautiful place. Good luck looking for a place that suits you. In time you'll make it your own😊

We've changed apartments, and since I was a kid, I didn't feel it; but when we moved to another country... It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I'd rank it no. 4, but the other three only came after the big move.

ZaraZoopers avatar ZaraZooper Difficult indeed +3Reply

I like your comment, I can definitely relate to it. I have sleep issues so moving to even a great place is stressful initially as every little sound especially at night can stress me until I get used to it but as long as the issues aren't a real problem, I do adapt pretty quickly.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Maybe just a bit +2Reply

I am a nervous wreck when I move to a new area because I don't know the people that live there already. I am working on moving myself right now and kinda dragging my feet because I don't like packing.

🦋

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Difficult indeed 0Reply
@Lil_Princess I am a nervous wreck when I move to a new area because I don't know the people that live there already. I am...

Oh yeah, I know the struggle, I moved because the new place is closer to my university buildings. My stuff fits in 1 van mostly things in boxes but I also have my big desk on which I study, my father and I had to carry it up the stairs, I had sweat pouring down my eyes like tears.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Oh yeah, I know the struggle, I moved because the new place is closer to my university buildings. My stuff fits in...

I am hoping to get a downstairs apartment. I hate going up and down the the stairs. I don't have much to take with me. I can fit everything in one load thankfully. The hardest part will be getting my washer and dryer out.

My brother in law tore up the wall getting it in so I know it won't be a picnic getting it back out.