+11

Post some music that you'd like to share! Oh yeah... amirite?

Image for post Post some music that you'd like to share!  Oh yeah... amirite?
Zolfies avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
9 65
The voters have decided that Zolfie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've been enjoying this recently...

@Sofia Loved that album

It's rare that I turn on the radio and hear genuine depth of talent these days, but that fella is an exception. I also really like her:

@ForkNdaRoad It's rare that I turn on the radio and hear genuine depth of talent these days, but that fella is an exception. I...

You remind me of a comment made by some artist... I honestly can't remember who... but he made a hit song and was being asked about it.

But he basically said he was making music with genuine depth... but kept failing to get it anywhere in the musical world, which upset and pissed him off, as all this stupid shallow music was on the radio.

So he finally said the heck with it, he's career isn't going anywhere... and why not make a stupid shallow song... and he did, and it took off like a rocket.

Basically as an artist... he disliked that type of music... but I guess it was the only music that artist are able to get record labels to push and promote for what ever reason.

Similar thing happened with the Black Eyed Peas, in that they refused to make negative/gangster raps and so labels dropped them because at the time, those labels weren't pushing happy/party music. Clearly they finally a label that would.

But seems like very few if any are pushing the deeper music for whatever reason... at least not until the artist because famous.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Zolfie You remind me of a comment made by some artist... I honestly can't remember who... but he made a hit song and was...

Interesting, I didn't know that, would liked to have heard that commentary.

I agree, it is a marvel to me that so many musicians these days don't actually play musical instruments. It isn't a crime, and certainly not when you have a set of pipes like Adelle, but odd anyhow.

Music has changed so much, a lot of it doesn't seem like music at all. Every once in a while someone comes along, a hidden gem, they're few and far between though.

@ForkNdaRoad Interesting, I didn't know that, would liked to have heard that commentary. I agree, it is a marvel to me that so...

Yeah I would really like to relook it up it up for myself too... but I can't remember who it was.

All I //think// I can remember is west coast male, and the song was about cars/driving and it was unique and different than most others... and I want to say the article was about "breakout" song for him. But I can't seem to find or remember it.

She's amazing. There's two songs of them that I can't stop listening.
Never Let Me Go: YouTube video thumbnail
Shake It Out: YouTube video thumbnail

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Sofia She's amazing. There's two songs of them that I can't stop listening. Never Let Me Go:...

She is, reminds me of Tori Amos a bit. She's brilliant, an audible lamentation... One of my favs from her is this one:

This song has a special meaning. It won me first place in a dance competition.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2593220

YOU POSTED SOME MUSIC!! biggrin smilie

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2593226

Yeah and now you get to turn that negative red into some positive green wink smilietongue smilie

@2593234

I'm not sure if I'm wishing happiness... or wishing everyone were playful puppies! That everyone could play and get along with lots of silliness.

@2593220

Nah...I like the Big Bopper a lot more. He is my third favorite.

1. Holly
2. Cash
3. Big Bopper

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +2Reply

I song this while stopping to get an ice cream sundae once...don't judge it was long trip and I needed entertainment hehe smilie

Olivia Lufkins - A Little Pain (It's Japanese)

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +3Reply
@primeiro I loved that one!

It's one of my favourites l smilie

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +2Reply

This is been going through my head lately.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are +2Reply

I accidentally ran across this song, I haven't heard it in forever.

And for reasons I don't know... I thought of this song.

@2593280

I'm glad you enjoyed it smile smilie

Found this yesterday l smilie
Imagine Dragons - Walking the Wire

@2593596

Also a favourite :D

Others I've been listening more frequently:
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant song

Good Charlotte - The River

I'm absolutely in love with this song.
Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

Pentatonix ~ ALL "Sing-Off" Performances (Part 3/3)

LORDE - Royals

@2593213

Some people might some of the out-dated classics being pulled out, I'm sure your not the only one that likes the oldies.

@2593216

Probably very very true. But their might be others on here that are the same oldies as yours.

My dad made me listen to janis joplin acapella sing Mercedes Benz ... I'm posting it with the music, because sung acapellaly is torture for some hehe smilie

na here is the acapella version too... for anyone who might enjoy it!

Looks like it only post the top one... so it's the musical version below this smile smilie

One day I was wandering through a record store (they used to have record stores, you know) and I saw an album named "Charly Sound Track." I thought that was strange because I watched the movie and I didn't remember any music. So I bought it just to see what was on it. Everybody that I played that record for said the same thing. The music fit the story so well that you were not aware of it as a separate effect.

Mika Nakashima - Glamorous Sky (Also Japanese)

@Sofia Mika Nakashima - Glamorous Sky (Also Japanese)

I like a lot of Japanese songs. Here is another one by Mika Nakashima that you may also like:

primeiros avatar primeiro Yeah You Are +1Reply
@primeiro I like a lot of Japanese songs. Here is another one by Mika Nakashima that you may also...

YES!!! Also a favourite. But that's an altered version - her voice is deeper than that. I love it!
Thank you for showing this. It's been some time since I've heard her other songs. I'm gonna go back to listen to the rest :D

@Sofia YES!!! Also a favourite. But that's an altered version - her voice is deeper than that. I love...

My pleasure. biggrin smilie
It's a very beautiful song. I love it too. Interesting, I didn't realize that the voice was altered. Maybe that's for copyright reasons.
I don't know if you already saw the lyrics and meaning, but just in case you haven't:
http://www.kiwi-musume.com/lyri...ukinohana.html

ReallySlowMotion Music - Your God Is Dead

Last one tongue smilie
Immediate Music - Last Ray of Light

"Because of You" - originally by Kelly Clarkson but I like this performance:

"Hi No Ataru Sakamichi" by Do As Infinity (Japanese band)

Note: After hitting "play" it will show a warning with a link to watch it on YouTube. You will have to follow that link to be able to watch it.

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous