Trishs avatar Technology
5 23

Interest that you say large cities and then 5K+ which is more like a small town. Which got me thinking, what if it is the opposite?
Towns 5k to 50k have these amenities to encourage homeless to disperse from the larger cities and perhaps find a more friendly and welcoming community?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yes, I agree. +1Reply
@2594517

it should be illegal to let people be homeless. However, not enough people seem to care. In fact, in many place they are criminalizing BEING HOMELESS and helping homeless people. It's sickening.

Trishs avatar Trish Yes, I agree. +1Reply
@2594708

i know that there are some like that. I will say,though.......if you ask pretty much anyone they want shelter,safety, and a safe place to sleep.

In smaller places, as well.

EternalSailorSols avatar EternalSailorSol Yes, I agree. +1Reply
Trishs avatar Trish Yes, I agree. 0Reply
@2594657

ok, have you worked in any shelters? Have you spoken to people who've used them? You are very wrong in saying they have no agenda.

@2594662

Actually, I was turned down because I refused to discriminate against LGBT people. i have also heard stories of horrible conditions, moldy showers, belongings being stolen and sold. So,yes........shelters can and often do have agendas. Period.

@2594693

no, sorry. I have not checked out every single last shelter ever. That does not in any way negate the truth of what I said.

Why not have bathrooms and laundry facilities for everyone if it is paid for with taxpayer money?

@ozzyboy Why not have bathrooms and laundry facilities for everyone if it is paid for with taxpayer money?

because.............people who are not homeless already have a place to shower and do laundry.

@Trish because.............people who are not homeless already have a place to shower and do laundry.

At a cost. They pay for their property and for your new facilities for the homeless. I just got my property taxes and feel that I will be homeless because of the thousands being wrung out of me because I am trying to take care of myself and my family. Like I said, I was homeless, hated it and took responsibility for my self to get myself out of it. Making it easier to be homeless is not helping anyone.

@ozzyboy At a cost. They pay for their property and for your new facilities for the homeless. I just got my property taxes...

it's not "making it easier". It's making it suck less if/when it happens. It's having human decency.

@Trish it's not "making it easier". It's making it suck less if/when it happens. It's having human decency.

It is definitely making it easier and more dependent instead of helping them understand the concept of personal responsibility. No one should be "helped" for years and years at taxpayers expense.

thing with charities like the mustard seed is it encourages work and no lazy, in other words HELPS the homeless, not create more

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse No, I don't agree. 0Reply

What exactly do you mean by "there should be"? That is like one hand clapping: it takes more than that in reality.

Anonymous