Crews Build Controversial ‘Homeless Wall’ In San Jose. It's an article worth reading and tells both sides of the story. Unusual in these days. :) BTW, if you don't read the whole article you really can't have much of an opinion on this one. That's just the way it is.

It's interesting how people that don't have to deal with the problem can easily dismiss the proposed solution as being bad people/government. Yet they offer no alternative solution. Their answer is that people should be able to go and live where they want and do what they want. That is until they start moving into their backyard.

http://picturesoffences.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/chain-link-fence-diamond-mesh.jpg
Will_Janitors avatar News & Current Events
4 8

Drugs is a big problem according to those interviewed. Make drug companies pay for the mess they have created just like the tobacco industry had to pay up.
I have compassion for those who are homeless, since I was one a long time ago but it is not fair to those who pay their taxes to have to put up with the constant problems literally on their doorstep. This nation needs to stop importing people who can't be responsible and pay their own way. No one should be allowed to live off the taxpayers for more than a year.

@2594581

I'm not sure how that fixes the problem, but if everybody is happy, who am I to say different. I guess San Fran (the land of humanity) hasn't found another solution.

I had to go look it up myself to read the story. Remember these people don't own the land they are camping on. Why shouldn't property owners keep trespassers out.

Do we import them? More like they walk here themselves. Yes those illegals need to be thrown out of our country , the whole family - forever!!

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Do we import them? More like they walk here themselves. Yes those illegals need to be thrown out of our country...

Yes, some are imported. The world church and other non-profits ( non taxpaying) get $100 a head to import them. They are then dumped on the taxpayers for health care, education, food and housing. The non-profits then tell us what a good job they are doing saving mankind at the expense of others. Too bad it is not out of their own pockets - that really would be true charity and I would be willing to donate instead of having tax money wrung out of us on a regular basis.