+12

Western countries have a long way to go when it comes to caring for their elderly.

You work your whole life only to risk being mistreated during your senior years...what's that all about?

Image for post **Western countries have a long way to go when it comes to caring for their elderly.**
Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
9 9

We live in a disposable society.

Each generation progessively seems to downgrade respect as a value for the aged. We have no one to blame but ourselves as we were the ones that raised them. :(

Hmmm... I can't really agree completely on this basing on my life experience. I see way more disrespect coming from elders than directed at them.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +3Reply
@Sofia Hmmm... I can't really agree completely on this basing on my life experience. I see way more disrespect coming from...

Really?! I spent time visiting a friend of the family in a Senior's home and they all seem to have family that never visits.
Everyone is so happy and clutching at me when I talk with them...

Alone, forlorn and neglected. That's what happens here.

In India they take their elderly to the game preserve to be attacked by a tiger. Then they drag the body back to the farm and collect compensation from the government. It pays better than just plain welfare. https://fee.org/articles/indias...welfare-trend/

so long as government is out of the equation, they always screw things up