0

If only more people liked to feed their minds as much as they like to feed their egos. Have a shred of humility, you don't need to be confident all the time. It's like most people are afraid to be vulnerable and feel the need to compensate by masking their true feelings and beliefs. I'm telling you, you can take your shield down. Sincerely, The Cisquatch

CiscoKarpes avatar Animals & Nature
6 11

I love to learn, I have to do it or I don't feel right. And I can't be sure, but I'm inclined to think if you ask around, people would probably say I share my thoughts too freely. lol It wouldn't be the first time, that's all I'm saying...

@ForkNdaRoad I love to learn, I have to do it or I don't feel right. And I can't be sure, but I'm inclined to think if you ask...

Some people pay a little too much attention into their idea and other's idea of themselves rather than just accepting themselves, warts and all not being phased by what others may think.

@CiscoKarpe Some people pay a little too much attention into their idea and other's idea of themselves rather than just...

Agreed, most extremes are bad. I think it is in human nature to care what others think to some degree though. It's how we bond with one another. Sometimes our refusal to accept ourselves 'as is' can drive us to genuine betterment, that's not all bad either, I think.

I get what you're saying though and I agree, extremes generally aren't a good practice.

I feel like I need more context. I'm not understanding your point.

I don't see how feeding your ego has anything to do with what you said right after. I am afraid to be vulnerable, I hate it, and that has nothing to do with my ego. It has to do with me not wanting to be hurt. And you can be honest with your beliefs and feelings without taking down your shields. Actually, my advice is don't take down your shields until you have a good enough reason to do so. In the society that we live, blind trust in hope for the best is a bad move. Sure, be honest, but be careful.

People are so obsessed with their ego and that does tie in with how some people are overly confident.
People are so obsessed with their ego to the point letting down your shield is seen as a weakness in this world.
Being vulnerable emotionally not physically.
This is more on the social side of things.

I don't think having an ego and making yourself vulnerable have any relation to each other. It sounds more to me like you are talking about telling the truth and personal disclosure. I think most people tell the truth or at least a portion of it. How much they disclose personally usually depends on how much the trust the person or persons they are talking to. Trusting relationships on the internet are diferent than in real life because of the anonymity. JMHO.

@Will_Janitor I don't think having an ego and making yourself vulnerable have any relation to each other. It sounds more to me...

I am talking about emotional vulnerability, there's plenty of ways to be seen as vulnerable.
Some people don't want to show their weak side because they don't want it to diminish their idea of themselves or other's idea of them.
A lot of people want to act like they don't get vulnerable or weak.
Most people want to be seen as strong and confident.

@CiscoKarpe I am talking about emotional vulnerability, there's plenty of ways to be seen as vulnerable. Some people don't want...

Ego can tie into your perception of weakness and vulnerability.
Someone with a huge ego most likely wouldn't want to admit failure or fear.

Thank you for the advice. I do need my shield, down there. Mongolians are attacking my crotch again.

I don't hide my true feelings and beliefs...I say what I feel and if people don't like it that is their problem not mine. I don't like feeling vulnerable it gets me hurt to many times and honestly I don't deserve it. It took me 25 years to get the confidence back that I lost and I ain't about to let my shield down anytime soon.

🦋