+3

Crazy Uncle Ron interviews Edward Snowden. Worth the watch...

Snowden makes a persuasive point: When people suggest we must balance privacy and security, in practice that amounts to a balance of liberty versus surveillance. Surveillance isn't security, being surveilled makes you insecure. Surveillance in itself puts you at risk, privacy does not put you at risk.

We instinctively know this, but don't usually perceive it in this way.

Security...or Surveillance? The Edward Snowden InterviewIn this wide-ranging exclusive interview, former intelligence analyst turned whistleblower Edward Snowden tells all. What to say to those who argue that they...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLLo0025Jc
ForkNdaRoads avatar Politics
6 13

This guy is good...altho he lost me a couple of times... meandering... I like what he said at the beginning about how the Internet has influenced the opinions of people.

It's interesting to hear about the issue of privacy...altho he says he's the last person to say anything about this matter...he then goes on to say a lot.

@Sukiesnow This guy is good...altho he lost me a couple of times... meandering... I like what he said at the beginning about...

I get what he's saying, he isn't a politician or policy wonk, he's an engineer. But I agree with him about asking why our technology allows govts to snoop on us, solving that problem, rather than being outraged that govts snoop on us with the expectation that we can stop them.

We're already hearing our officials here in the states talk about ending private encryption and forcing companies to hand over access when encryption gets in their way. It's really up to the tech makers to stop this as they're best positioned to force govt. out of our private lives.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OLD News boring

its NOT old news because this type of invasive fascism is getting WORSE! why? because people are idiots, and would rather watch their football game then to stand up for their rights. or would rather fight to see a pride flag painted for a crosswalk and cry over it on the news when it gets vandalized, they would rather push the myth of institutionalized racism, or sexism, or they think the 1st amendment is only there for target practice and hunting.

if people opened their eyes to the real problems USA could remain free, but the way people go today, won;t be long and you will be completely a dictatorship

@2597272

Agreed, I loved that as well. His point about liberty versus surveillance was most excellent. He nailed it with that.

I'm truly thankful he's on our side, Snowden. He'd make for one helluva an adversary with a mind like that...

There's a part two, btw. It's on RP's youtube channel. So glad he started that channel!

@2598002

The other one is much shorter, in that one Snowden asks a couple questions from RP. In one he mentions that in the national security sector that he worked in, they're fed the lie that, despite the fact that not a single terrorist attack has ever been thwarted by their secret spying, accumulating this intelligence is necessary so they can inform policy makers and thus policy makers can use this intelligence for to craft policy. He asked Paul if anyone in the intelligence sector ever once approached him personally with concrete intelligence so compelling that it made him change his vote or decide to craft a new policy response...

You can imagine what Paul's answer to that was!

he is NOT crazy, and the only reason I disagreed, ROn paul should have been president, USA would be a much freer country

@Anonymousmouse he is NOT crazy, and the only reason I disagreed, ROn paul should have been president, USA would be a much freer country

I adore Dr. Paul, "Crazy Uncle Ron" is a term of endearment for me. lol He reminds me of the 'crazy uncle' every family includes, the ones who tells you war stories that sound insane but are true...

I voted for him and campaigned for him in both of his recent runs...