Why my parents have never accepted that I got tattoes on some parts of my body, on my arms or on my legs even over 18 years old

Once I came home with a little tattoe (a little flower) on my right hand. When mom and dad glanced it they became extremely angry, They berated me for my irresponsibility and my thoughtfullness. My dad was so infuriated that he ordered me to my room and to prepare myself for a sound spanking. I was almost going to 19 and I didn't understand why I was spanked and especially why it was forbidden to be tattoed on his body. I was also grounded for two months and, supreme humilation,put back in short trousers in order to prevent me from going out at night. Although I looked younger than my age, I was ridiculously too old to wear short pants

yvan125s avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 14

lol You lead a rough life. lol

@2598752

I agree, I never spanked by kids past the age of 10.

@2598752

It happened about forty years ago in a very religious and conservative family.At that time we were coming of age at 21. My parents were also firm believers in the use of corporal punishments and in the principle that children who are still living at home whatever their age must be subject to parentsl authority and control.

Well yvan125, at 19 I'm sure you knew your parents feelings about it yet you went against their wishes anyway. Perhaps they felt like you acted like a child and that you needed to punished like a child.

@Budwick Well yvan125, at 19 I'm sure you knew your parents feelings about it yet you went against their wishes anyway...

Yes, you are quite right. I knew exactly my parent feelings about tattooing but I was 19 and I didn't care. I didn't think that my parents would take it so seriously and would punish me so harshly . Parents always know exactly what their child needs for growing up.

@yvan125 Yes, you are quite right. I knew exactly my parent feelings about tattooing but I was 19 and I didn't care. I...

Yvan - look at your first two sentences in your reply -

"I knew exactly my parent feelings about tattooing ... "

"I didn't think that my parents would take it so seriously and would punish me so harshly."

Apparently you didn't know exactly how your parents felt.

@Budwick Yvan - look at your first two sentences in your reply - "I knew exactly my parent feelings about tattooing...

Here is illustrated the lack of concern,the foolhardiness and the lack of maturity of a 19 years old boy. I knew exactly what my parents thought about tattooing but I was not mature enough to think about the consequences if I was going against their wishes.

Move out immediately and seek protection from the courts.

I don't know who need psychological help more.... your parents for acting that way or you for choosing to live in that environment.

You have to put that event in the right context. I had already accepted that mom an dad had the right to punish me that way if was disobedient or otherwise misbehaved as long as I was continuing to live with them whatever my age.

Anonymous