Why is there a reluctance to admit our own good qualities? Even if only to ourselves...

Is it tantamount to blowing your own horn at a résumé review?

Image for post **Why is there a reluctance to admit our own good qualities?** //Even if only to ourselves...//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 37
@2599336

Love the gif...

Because when you're around something all the time you adjust to it, as it becomes normal to you... and so it's harder to notice normal, and when you think of those good qualities, you think of yourself as normal, when the good is there, but it's harder to see within yourself past the normal thought of oneself.

@Zolfie Because when you're around something all the time you adjust to it, as it becomes normal to you... and so it's...

Cool, but huh? You can't see your own good qualities?

Start seeing cause you'll need to for job interviews...

@Sukiesnow Cool, but huh? You can't see your own good qualities? Start seeing cause you'll need to for job interviews...

I point was people see their good as normal, and not as good. And it's hard to get over that mental hurdle for people.

@Zolfie I point was people see their good as normal, and not as good. And it's hard to get over that mental hurdle for people.

I can understand what you are saying... I guess that's why they sometimes tell ppl to get a friend to tell you what your good qualities are...

Speaking of the word "qualities" ...without looking it up...it seems to apply to the word "good"... A quality is a good thing...right? Example: the quality of the chocolate was decent.

So, can one even say "bad" quality? But what do you suppose ppl say instead...referring to something bad?

Don't you dislike the spell check that changes your words at the last minute...i.e.: I point was people see... (In what you wrote above)

I try to proof more now; some writing can be awkward as it is...without having more help!

@Sukiesnow I can understand what you are saying... I guess that's why they sometimes tell ppl to get a friend to tell you what...

I think it was just a typo. I don't proof read, because normally people can figure it out fairly easily.

@Zolfie I think it was just a typo. I don't proof read, because normally people can figure it out fairly easily.

It depends on whether you want ppl to have an easy time of reading or not. Sometimes typos takes out some of the enjoyment of the reading. It can scatter the flow...and some mistakes can change the meaning of a sentence.

@Sukiesnow It depends on whether you want ppl to have an easy time of reading or not. Sometimes typos takes out some of the...

I guess easy to figure out typos, don't effect me that much, and don't bother me...

I don't believe I've seen that many mistakes that change a meaning of a sentence, though I know I have made one or two, and usually someone follows it up with a good funny comment and we all laugh, adding to the enjoyment... not taking away from it.

I can only speak for myself, of course. I can admit my own good qualities to myself, sometimes. When it comes to announcing what I think they are to other people though.... it is only meaningful to me when other people recognize them.
I was taught growing up, that tooting one's horn was not so cool. I agreed with that outlook then, and now.

Because talking about ourselves is never accurate, we either go narcissist and paint ourselves the best thing ever or our low self esteem rises up and we bring ourselves down. Judging ourselves is inaccurate and subjective

I'm not reluctant to admit them.

@Sukiesnow Let's hear that list, then. :)

Caring, helpful, honest, and passionate, to state my top four.))

@2620119

I dont' BELIEVE you

Good question. I can easily admit all my bad qualities to anyone even myself but when it comes to the good ones, it is pretty much impossible to admit them.

🦋