How good are you at being interviewed?

I'm going to have an interview to be accepted in a Professional School 😟 If you wanna leave any tips, I'll appreciate it.

13% Good 42% Could be better 21% Not good 8% I don't know 17% Other
Sofias avatar Life
10 28

A professional school? To be a student or teacher?

I got nervous, myself. I have never, not gotten a job, though. I am pretty good at turning things around.

Showing interest is key. People love to talk about themselves.

@Carla A professional school? To be a student or teacher? I got nervous, myself. I have never, not gotten a job, though...

To be a student.

I guess that's the major thing. The exams also revolve around the new course (Like in Portuguese, there's chance the topic of the last question will be something around Culinary or Tourism), so I think showing interest in the topic would help a lot. I am very interested, but I'm sure I'll be very nervous, so we'll see how that works. I still have some weeks to get ready.´

Thank you :)

Sofias avatar Sofia I don't know +3Reply
@2599842

I could get you to hire me:]. But i do reckon i would have to go to nursing school first...

@2600006

I would go out of my mind.

@2599842

I'm hoping that helps.

Thank you :)

Sofias avatar Sofia I don't know +2Reply

Messed up several interviews down the years.I have become a rambling idiot and a silent mute with a blank mind!
Annoying thing is I worked as a teacher and was perfectly happy in front of a class.But my dreadful interview problems meant my career never advanced as it should.

Pretty good, I've never had trouble getting a job.

@2599948

Thank you :)

I know one old student of that school, so I'm gonna ask him what did he said. Maybe that helps.

Awkward and I say the wrong things.

The only tip I can think of is to go into the interview Not Needing The Job. Life seems to work out smoothly when one is NOT needy...ha.

I used to tell ppl "Remember, you are also interviewing them! But, really...who are we kidding here?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Could be better +4Reply

I have no problems talking to people. I actually have a background in HR and Staffing and I do resumes and interview coaching on the side.

Sometimes I have an issue talking about myself.

If they ask you about what weakness you have think of things that you want to improve. Don't say you don't have any because nobody is perfect.Sit up straight and don't cross your arms. Avoid using the word "um" in every sentence. I used to be bad about this. Have questions ready for them. Sometimes they ask "Do you have any questions for me" it is great if you do.

If you need to know anything else please feel free to ask me. I was just thinking off the top of my head.

Yea...
Just imagine the person is in their underwear and you won't feel nervous..

Btw, congratulations on your interview. I forgot to say that earlier and please keep us posted on how things went biggrin smilie

Good Luck!