SmartAZs avatar
5 16

Agree....but first you have to actually get the kids out of the damn house first. Get met with resistance even trying to get them outside, lol.

KvotheSaviens avatar KvotheSavien Sounds right +3Reply
@KvotheSavien Agree....but first you have to actually get the kids out of the damn house first. Get met with resistance even...

I take the batteries to the controllers, it's so much better than taking the chords or devices. Pure torture... 6 smilie

Fortunately though, there's a ton of kids on our streets, so I don't have to do that much, he'll go play willingly.

@ForkNdaRoad I take the batteries to the controllers, it's so much better than taking the chords or devices. Pure torture...

Mine are still a bit too young to be too enslaved by electronics but wow can you see it when you let them get their hands on it. I give my 5 year old the tablet and he's flying around on it quicker than I can and a war could be going on around him and he wouldn't even flinch.

KvotheSaviens avatar KvotheSavien Sounds right +1Reply
@KvotheSavien Mine are still a bit too young to be too enslaved by electronics but wow can you see it when you let them get their...

Ahh, I remember those days, 5 is a fun age. Has he run up an incredible bill or hacked something yet? lol

When mine was five, I caught him trying to use a youtube tutorial to hack a free membership from some Disney website. shock smilie

"No, no, we don't hack website memberships! And we certainly don't do it from youtube tutorials! That is strictly off limits!"

@ForkNdaRoad Ahh, I remember those days, 5 is a fun age. Has he run up an incredible bill or hacked something yet? lol When...

LOL, luckily it hasn't been too bad...I did have to set up the parental controls on the Firestick though when I got a couple emails thanking me for the apps I purchased. They were free apps he got into by messing around with the remote but damn did I learn my lesson hehe smilie

But we haven't gotten as far as using Youtube tutorials yet...that's just downright impressive, haha.

@KvotheSavien LOL, luckily it hasn't been too bad...I did have to set up the parental controls on the Firestick though when I got...

My nephew did something like that. He bought every sonic game in existence. $80, I think it was.

It's instinctive, somehow they're born with a greater tech-skill set than us. I guess it's that they process info quicker than we do. The whole reason I bought the $50 Fire tablet was because they advertised it as having parental settings that rivaled the NSA. lol "Sold!"

I was actually kinda insulted that I'd never thought of that.

@ForkNdaRoad My nephew did something like that. He bought every sonic game in existence. $80, I think it was. It's...

Those young brains that just soak up anything and everything around them. So much more open to taking in new information. They haven't reached that point where they are too set in their ways.

Yea I keep pass codes on just about everything. Once they find a work-around I suppose I'll have to go to biometrics, lol.

@KvotheSavien Those young brains that just soak up anything and everything around them. So much more open to taking in new...

So true, not to mention practical. They quickly discard practices that don't tender the desired outcome and try a different method. I still find that remarkable.

That's hysterical. If my kid new the password he be ticked at how simple it is.

@ForkNdaRoad So true, not to mention practical. They quickly discard practices that don't tender the desired outcome and try a...

hehe smilie Same here the parental control password is the same on every device I have. It's actually a series of numbers from a song that he sings all the time.

Agreed... they have to learn to fail at some point. And when they fail, it will be epic ;)

agreed 100%

and to those complaining "they won;t go outside they are glued to the screen" well if you never give them that opportunity they won;t be glued to it and playing outside will come natural

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Sounds right +1Reply
@2600262

I did most everything on that list by the time i was seven.
We used to jump on our horses. no bridle or saddle, give them a knee sqeeze and let them run. Most of our property was fenced, but.....

They would have had to tie me down to get a helmet on me, for anything. And it would be ditched a soon as i was out of view.