What professions/trades/jobs do you consider highly stressful? Care to share? Listed are some that I thought would be: 1 - Nurse 2 - Dentist 3 - Welder 4 - Taxi driver 5 - High school substitute teacher 6 - Amirite Moderator 7 - Doctor 8 - Fireman 9 - Truck driver

Image for post What professions/trades/jobs do you consider highly stressful?   Care to share?    Listed are some that I thought would be:    1 - Nurse  2 - Dentist  3 - Welder  4 - Taxi driver  5 - High school substitute teacher  6 - Amirite Moderator 7 - Doctor 8 - Fireman 9 - Truck driver
StarzAboves avatar Jobs & Employment
12 30

Middle management...ive heard it's rough

I'd say surgeons, sometimes these people have to be focused for longer than 12-15 hours for an operation, and if they mess up the outcomes are horrible.

I see that you listed dentist, should I be worried? :D

@Sunny_the_skeptic I'd say surgeons, sometimes these people have to be focused for longer than 12-15 hours for an operation, and if...

I mentioned dentist because we had a crazy dentist in our area, who would put women to sleep and the fondle them. He put one woman to sleep and couldn't wake her up, fortunately he shared office space with a doctor who revived her, but he took off, and was caught and arrested.

Air traffic controller.
Hostage negotiator.
Bomb technician.

Therapists are high on the list.

@Trish Therapists are high on the list.

I agree, a family member is in that profession, it's pretty stressful.

@2600197

I agree, my brother-in-law was a welder and a tank exploded, almost killed him, he was in intensive care for months.

@2600219

No, he died, not due to those burns, but of cancer.

High elevation construction; public high school teacher; emergency medical professional; Wall Street stock market exchange professional; law enforcement professional.

ISP level one phone tech support as well as their complaints department

My job working in a warehouse receiving white goods and hundreds of thousands of dollars of electronics and stuff is pretty stressful :/ especially when things go missing

Therapists are high on the list .

Welder? Stressful? Man I distress welding with the stereo up. Nothing but me and the steel :)

I wouldn't be a policeman for a million dollars a year..

Too many idiots on the streets...