Are you the Manager or President of Anything? Are we too hung up on titles?

A title is only relevant (to me) if it is backed up by $$...but some people really love them. And then some ppl are doing a job that is title-worthy...but don't get it...which can be a cue to exit. Titles can be meaningless; and there can be too many bosses. Titles are really just another job including more responsibility. Talk to me.

Image for post **Are you the Manager or President of Anything?** //Are we too hung up on titles?//
Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
6 16

I work for a place that has about 25,000 employees and there are so many titles that I don't even know how many levels of management exist above me and some of the titles are worthy and some just leave me wondering.

@Sukiesnow You all have to wear name tags...right? At least that's an ice breaker...

Actually we all have ID tags but in order to see the name on that I'd kinda look like I was staring at her breasts, which I probably am but I probably am trying not to look like I am unless she catches me then I say oh i'm just looking at your nice ID tag... gosh... i think i got out of that one redface smilie

Many people work harder because of ego. A title boosts ego. A title is just a ploy by upper management to get another notch or two out of an employee.

@PrinceOxford Many people work harder because of ego. A title boosts ego. A title is just a ploy by upper management to get...

Yes...and they choose people wisely...they take ppl who haven't yet been burnt out and try to seep out all their energy.

@2600800

Huh? No. About working in RL ...about how many ppl like having a title...even if they don't get paid much.

@2600807

And some places withhold that power purposely...

95% of the time there's only two employees at the company where I work..

Call me what you want...
Just don't call me late for lunch and have my pay deposited on Thursday...

I am Lead Quality Coordinator...it doesn't mean jack shit except I get my ass chewed more than anyone in the whole building for things I never did.

🦋