+1

No one deserves to be killed. Amirite?

Not necessarily my POV.

Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 38

Certain people deserve to be killed... I agree with LP above. Those types need to be removed from society.

@2715942

But some who have never worked a day in their life would love it. No worries, other than getting raped or killed there.

@2601363

I'm reminded of a Robin Williams joke..

A nuclear bomb is a man's way of saying, "I'm gonna fuck up the earth." A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills. They'd make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while...

Of course certain people deserve to be killed. Who can believe that people like Hitler, mass serial killers, pedophiles who kill their victims, characters like Bin Laden, or those who do their bidding, shouldn't be put to death?

My thinking on this topic is inconsistent, which is a problem for me. I'm not sure how to resolve it. Anyway..

I do not believe in the death penalty, mostly because I think it's inevitable that the state put an innocent person to death.

However, there are also people who have committed acts that make killing them justified. I sometimes wondered what I would have done if I had ever somehow come across Osama Bin Laden after 9/11. I believe I would have tried to kill him myself.

You bet some people should be killed.

beachbums avatar beachbum Disagree +3Reply

Im with tiffanee here. I think people who commit unspeakable crimes should spend thier lives in unspeakable conditions. Leave them spending a life wishing there was a death penalty.

Nope, some really really really bad people do deserve death, and/or those who might be really really suffering in horrible pain, it might be nice to stop the pain as last resort.

Evil people need to be done away with.

@hootowl Evil people need to be done away with.

That is true; for the future you might like to express that by expanding on what you mean...I know you have it inside of you...it just needs to come out. At least try to come up with 2 sentences. I know you're smart; you just need to channel that and put it on paper.

@2601821

You, too. Expand on what you are saying. What you are saying is a blanket statement...what you said was good...all we need to hear is more of it...like what? Like who? But be calm and not in anger. See what I wrote to hootowl, who has been on AM for a long time.

@2602400

Of course. CM certainly deserved to die. But what ppl are telling me above that it costs more to put someone to death than it does to keep them alive.

There are many who have committed such acts that they do not deserve to live.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Disagree 0Reply

To quote Audrie 2: A lot of folks deserve to die

On the other hand...

No one deserves to pay their taxes on room, board,healthcare etc. for the permanent residence of a criminal.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree -1Reply
@2602240

Yeah, private cell up until a sweet goodnight.

@Sukiesnow Really. Did not know that.

With appeals process, stays argued for, etc., it takes years of attorney and court costs. And still they spend many years in prison before the deed is done.

@Carla With appeals process, stays argued for, etc., it takes years of attorney and court costs. And still they spend many...

Oh man...this is useless. It understandable when ppl get discouraged...I feel that way about it a bit, and I have nothing to do with it.

I can see absolutely where ppl might feel compelled to "take matters into their own hands..."

BTW, we have got an Acronym Game going on; you might like to try another way of expressing yourself with words.. Join us!

@DandyDon On the other hand... No one deserves to pay their taxes on room, board,healthcare etc. for the permanent residence...

If you don't want to pay your taxes you don't have to. You'll even get to have room, board, healthcare, etc. provided for you

Three types of people come to mind that do deserve it...a murder, a rapist, and a pedophile. Sorry I am a cold hearted person when it comes to those type of people.

🦋

but everyone should be entitled to defend themselves with whatever means nessecary

@Anonymousmouse but everyone should be entitled to defend themselves with whatever means nessecary

I'd rather a rapist didn't feel that way...

Happy 150th Canada Day...sh9683!!