+12

The bigger your Bike is...makes no difference once you meet up with a car. It might as well be a bicycle. Amirite?

We watched, fascinated as the Biker zipped back and forth on the two-lane highway...failing to signal every time... Then, again without signalling...he cut in FRONT of a Greyhound, making a fast right hand turn... Good Luck with that, bud.

Image for post **The bigger your Bike is...makes no difference once you meet up with a car.** //It might as well be a bicycle.// **Amirite?**
Sukiesnows avatar Technology
8 16

Very true.

Crazy bikers get killed or hurt badly.
I ride my bike like i drive a car.

@Carla Crazy bikers get killed or hurt badly. I ride my bike like i drive a car.

Thank you for that. I don't see many bikers/cyclists doing that, however...

There is also the problem where car drivers don't pay enough attention to motorcycles on the road. This is one of the reasons I don't own a motorcycle.

Balous avatar Balou Agree +3Reply
@Balou There is also the problem where car drivers don't pay enough attention to motorcycles on the road. This is one of...

One might ask, though. It's seductive to not pay attention to the road...it can happen to anyone.

But on the scale of balances...who desperately needs to be the most respectful?

Of course you know this...which is why neither you nor I own a Bike...although I do envy them a bit...sometimes...when I see them breezing by...on the highway.

But I don't envy them in bad weather, which is here most of the year...

Nice to see you again.

@Sukiesnow One might ask, though. It's seductive to not pay attention to the road...it can happen to anyone. But on the scale...

I would love to own a bike and go cruising, but for me the cons outweigh the pros of owning one. Nice to see you too!

Balous avatar Balou Agree +1Reply
@Balou I would love to own a bike and go cruising, but for me the cons outweigh the pros of owning one. Nice to see you too!

I agree... Well, for what it's worth...let us self-congratulate..really 'cause we forgo that "freedom feeling" for preservation. Smart us!!

My nephew got a Bike (on loan) just to use as a recreational vehicle for the summer...but even that's dicey.

@2602532

We ALL have our stories. I went to high school with a girl who was going to graduate and then marry her fiancé...a guy with a Bike. Judy loved being on the back of that Bike with her black leather jacket.

Then of course...don't you know...what happened... Yes... Big accident...she was fine but he was paralyzed from the neck down....

I've been riding, on and off, since I was 13. I am careful to watch for other bikers when I'm in a car or truck but I think many of the bike accidents these days are caused by irresponsible bikers. It's a different breed, stupid and criminal in nature.

@JustJimColo I've been riding, on and off, since I was 13. I am careful to watch for other bikers when I'm in a car or truck but...

It's those damned crotch rockets. Made for speed.
They scream "hey...idiot...come drive me very fast. You can be just as bad-assed as the dudes you see in movies!"

@Carla It's those damned crotch rockets. Made for speed. They scream "hey...idiot...come drive me very fast. You can be...

Some of those morons think they are in a video game when they get on a bike. Like I said, I ride and many of my friends ride, but I don't shed a tear when an idiot gets hit while doing stupid shit that endangers others, while giving a bad name to the rest of the bikers.

On the other hand I can see it being easy to get careless...Bike's are almost inviting you to zip in and out of vehicles...but other than being WRONG...should you really succumb to that lassez-faire way of Biking? One antagonizes other people as if jealousy doesn't do enough anyway....

I'll check your YT.

Yes...it's great if nothing happens...but I've never been on a slow motorcycle...

What do you have...BTW... You didn't tell me...:(

Anonymous