Not really a Question Just something I was looking at. I want to practice falling as if shot dead- just in case of a mass shooting.

I want to know how to look as if I have been shot dead - Just in case I end up in a mass shooting situation with no way out. If there is no escape, maybe I can play dead till the shots get noticed and police arrive. Then I found this--

Search for questions, people, and topics
Sign In
Weapons and Warfare
Military Weapons
Weapons
Guns and Firearms
Warfare
Movies
+++++Do people always fall down after being shot, as portrayed in TV and movies?
fall down after being shot"

No.

But it can cause many situations that lead to a fall.

For the most part a bullet or most other small arms projectiles exert less energy on the target then a punch from a 150-lbs male. A lot less. Someone can be shot and not be moved at all. The difference is that it creates a hole in you, breaks or penetrates bone severs tendons, arteries, nerves and creates general havoc on your nervous system.

This leads to going into shock. When in shock you will lose balance and fall.

Also involved are involuntary reactions. Very loud noise, combined with searing pain, combined with the onset of shock, combined with being scared out of your mind. That combination with fight or flight reactions causes many to jump away from the cause so fast that it is not a coordinated jump... leading to a fall.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar News & Current Events
3 15

The only place people do the "kicking chicken" after they have been shot dead is on TV. Any additional motion just draws attention.

I'm still trying out my luck with the Zombie Apocalypse. I've been practicing the walk for decades now.

When you are experiencing the stress of fear, beyond your wildest nightmares, I think all your practice will fly out the window.

@dru18 When you are experiencing the stress of fear, beyond your wildest nightmares, I think all your practice will fly...

Nope I follow my plans, worked as an accountant for years and nerves I have none. Once went for a job interview at a psychologist's office , he snuck up behind me and squeezed my shoulder to see what I would do, I just turned to him, he was all surprised I didn't jump or scream nothing. I didn't get that job i guess he wanted employees he could play tricks upon.

NO agree or disagree because it is just an article from on line. Hope none of us ever need to pretend, but I plan ahead in every way I can

@2602357

right, I just need to learn how to drop without hurting myself. I guess the child's pose will work then onto my side, then no big breaths.

@2602572

Naw I don't expect it to ever happen, I don't even go to many event's I just want to know this. When I was 4 I thought my arms and legs would fall off if I touched my belly button, that is what my mom said all the time so I practiced rolling around without using arms and legs just in case. I don't know why me mum said that because we were warned since birth to never touch our belly buttons. I don't think I ever did because I was terrified if a pillow touched my tummy I would fall apart.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Naw I don't expect it to ever happen, I don't even go to many event's I just want to know this. When I was 4 I...

My mother told me that babies came out of girls belly buttons, so maybe your mother was warning you of creating childbirth by pressing the start button? I'm convinced the stork brought me given some of the things I was told.