+5

Were you expected to be smart? We were just expected to get a job, get married and have kids. That's it.

Image for post **Were you expected to be smart?** //We were just expected to get a job, get married and have kids. That's it.//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
7 10
@2602966

That's me today, too...:)

I was smart, no college, got a job, married and had kids.....and have never regretted one minute of it.

I lived with many expectations. Being studious was one of them.
But....it was the seventies, i rebelled.

I was expected to learn how to take care of myself, and I'm glad I took it seriously. Despite marrying a man I loved, I have been on my own and caring for my special needs daughter for most of my adult life. I'm grateful I was able to do it.

First of all cute girl in the pic. Second of all I was expected to be a brainy girl because my twin sis is a brainy girl so it was a bit of a big pair of shoes to fill (even though we wear the same size ;D )

My life as always been surrounded by unreasonable expectations. I did however manage to graduate college and have 4 amazing children.

🦋