+1

Anthony Rendon and California Democrats are Total Slime

Anthony Rendon and other slimeball dems blocked single payer (endorsed by the entire health industry and opposed by insurance and pharma companies) after years of claiming to be in favor. After rigging the elections again with, get this, state "super delegates" they have now killed single payer in California.
It's time for a change and I don't mean republicans.

urwutuiss avatar Countries & Places
4 26
@2603000

Gotta give his buddies that tax break. And he has to build his wall.

some more stinky cheese from the right I see

For most of us who don't live in california - this makes no sense. Do you have any news clips to substantiate your comments?

Perhaps Rendon has realized single payer healthcare simply means suck ass healthcare for everyone and that it would only accelerate bankruptcy.

@Budwick Perhaps Rendon has realized single payer healthcare simply means suck ass healthcare for everyone and that it would...

Rendon realizes he gets large amounts of cash from insurance and pharma. 80% of the state was in favor.
That suck ass health care manages to get the same results for half the price. I don't get what the opposition is
Accelerate bankruptcy? You'll have to splain that one to me.

@urwutuis Rendon realizes he gets large amounts of cash from insurance and pharma. 80% of the state was in favor. That suck...

To be clear, I'm not in favor of any government healthcare program. Any one of them results in poor care, corruption and loss of individual liberty.

My goal would be to take a step up from suck ass health care, make special provisions for poor and existing conditions, reform tort law and sell insurance across state lines.

California has been on a path to bankruptcy for some time now. A single payer healthcare plan would accelerate the pace.

Glad I could help.

@Budwick To be clear, I'm not in favor of any government healthcare program. Any one of them results in poor care...

So you think banks should get a cut out of healthcare?. For doing what?
That's just more money for nothing which is the problem to begin with. The same with pharma. Should they be allowed to gouge people?
Do you think there's no corruption when insurance is involved?
Every other civilized country on the planet has single payer and it works. It's more efficient, cheaper and the care is just as good or better because people don't wait for it to become an emergency.
You have bought the "everything govt does is bad and everything private does is good" bullshit.

Nurses are for it, doctors are for it, hospitals, clinics, you name it.
Who's against it? Insurance, Pharma and banks.
And bought politicians.

California isn't even close to being bankrupt. Gerry Brown turned Arnie's $27B deficit into a $6B surplus.
He did it by raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations and Bloomberg called it the best investment in the country.
Then there's Kansasd and Indiana.

@urwutuis California isn't even close to being bankrupt. Gerry Brown turned Arnie's $27B deficit into a $6B surplus. He did...

Every financial investment company / advisor in the country would disagree with you. California has been 47th in solvency for sometime now - narrowly beaten by Illinois, Connecticut and Puerto Rico.

No, socialized medicine does not work well every where. From CATO Institute -
"For many years advocates of government-run health care pointed to Europe as an ideal, noting that America was the “only industrialized country without a national health care system.” Now, however, the European welfare states are slashing benefits in the face of rising health care costs.

A recent front-page story in the New York Times detailed the European cutbacks. According to the article, Britain, France and Germany are all being forced to limit access to care. Rationing, already extensive, is increasing.

The Europeans have run into a very simple economic rule. If something is perceived as free, people will consume more of it than they would if they had to pay for it. Think of it this way: if food were free, would you eat hamburger or steak? At the same time, health care is a finite good. There are only so many doctors, so many hospital beds and so much technology. If people overconsume those resources, it drives up the cost of health care. "

@Budwick Every financial investment company / advisor in the country would disagree with you. California has been 47th in...

but we have enough money to bail out every industry that gets itself in a jam and dump 800 million a month to prop up the market.
Europe is cutting everything on the notion that austerity is the answer. It isn't

@urwutuis but we have enough money to bail out every industry that gets itself in a jam and dump 800 million a month to prop...

Actually, we don't have the money for that - or maybe you wrote that sarcastically. If we print more and more money for bailouts, etc - the result is inflation. I don't know why it hasn't caught up with us yet except that maybe as bad as our situation is, the rest of the world is worse.

Cutting spending, working on a budget, reducing waste, keeping governments nose out of non government business - all important.

@Budwick Actually, we don't have the money for that - or maybe you wrote that sarcastically. If we print more and more...

Nobody no one seems to ba able to figure zero inflation out but I have a guess.
It's being hoarded in off shore accounts. 5 people now own more than half the population and they make more in a week from doing nothing than most make in a lifetime. That's fucked up.

What's even worse is that if you cut their wealth in half they'd still be the richest people in the country.
They say Gates is worth about $83B. At a measly 5% that's about $82M a week. From doing nothing.
No wonder he doesn't buy lottery tickets. He wins
the lottery every week.
What the hell is he going to do with it all? It's more than you could spend in 100 lifetimes.

The problem is systemic. Not only is it destructive and unsustainable it's incredibly unstable and it's killing us all. If we survive another 2 decades I'll be surprised.

@urwutuis Nobody no one seems to ba able to figure zero inflation out but I have a guess. It's being hoarded in off shore...

So, the answer is to appropriate the net worth of 5 people - and economic problems are over?

How long before we go after # 6?

@Budwick So, the answer is to appropriate the net worth of 5 people - and economic problems are over? How long before we go...

That's not what I said. It was to make a point and that is not a solution.
The problem is a system that creates such disparity which makes democracy impossible and dynastic despotism inevitable.

@urwutuis That's not what I said. It was to make a point and that is not a solution. The problem is a system that creates...

OK, so we got the problem. Some people manage to accumulate more than others, and that makes you sad.

What's your solution?

@Budwick OK, so we got the problem. Some people manage to accumulate more than others, and that makes you sad. What's your...

Manage to accumulate? Gee, don't be so harsh.
My solution? The short list is Democratize corporations. . The people who work in the mill should own the mill Publicly fund elections, bring back equal time rule and raise capital gains tax.

What's yours?

@Budwick I see. Go communist. Cuz, that's worked out so well every where it's tried.

So free range slavery works for you?
What you call communism i.e. China, USSR is actually state Capitalism and what I'm referring to is not Communism anyway.
Why is it we demand democracy everywhere except where we spend most of our time. Work.

How would you break corporate rule or do you prefer the means of production controlled by a handful of disconnected sociopaths? Can't you see where this goes?

@urwutuis So free range slavery works for you? What you call communism i.e. China, USSR is actually state Capitalism and what...

iF i THOUGHT THERE WAS A QUESTION YOU COULD DISCUSS RATIONALLY, i WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS AR ACCUSATIONS.

Ooops - Caps lock was on - sorry, didn't mean to yell.

As with 99% of democrats, complete slime