LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Animals & Nature
1 10

I heard about that. I do not think anyone who has paid for a ticket, should be forced to give up that seat for another boarder.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Must stop the over selling. +3Reply
@Piper2 I heard about that. I do not think anyone who has paid for a ticket, should be forced to give up that seat for...

I just cant wrap my head around unseating a passenger for another passenger. Employee or no.

@Carla I just cant wrap my head around unseating a passenger for another passenger. Employee or no.

Yes Carla you are correct, I had tol ook hard for it because I didn't know that when it happened. They would be better off paying for their employees to travel on another airline than kicking off innocent customers. I know I will not use united if I travel again, Delta has always been good to meso I will stick with them.

Was the other person an employee? Well they for sure shouldn't take seats from the public. My sister worked for an airline in town and they could travel or send things IF only IF there was room, once they carried a package a doggie going to be bred in the cockpit for me.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Was the other person an employee? Well they for sure shouldn't take seats from the public. My sister worked for...

Im not sure about your story. But the first big one we heard was for an employee.

Used to be airlines were accomodating

Airline service has been tanking for a long time now. I haven't flown since 08, and I don't miss it.

Well you are all set. I haven't gone anyplace since the 90's and was annoyed I had to remove shoes. Stupid terrorists make travel hard.

This wasn't on line yesterday when I posted this. Here is the newest bad actions by united
636349239985608958-BOY114306446-G.jpg
(Photo: Courtesy of Shirley Yamauchi)
12838
CONNECT
TWEET
61
LINKEDIN
263
COMMENT
EMAIL
MORE
Another United Airlines debacle left a Hawaii mother holding her 2-year-old son in her lap for a more than three hour flight, despite paying nearly $1,000 for his seat.

Last week’s incident came after the airline sold her son’s seat to a standby passenger on the last leg of their trip from Honolulu to Boston.

"We had both our tickets scanned, we both went on board no problem," Shirley Yamauchi, told Hawaii TV station KITV. Then a man approached them and showed he had the same seat number, 24A, as the boy.

"It was very shocking. I was confused. I told him, 'I bought both of these seats.'" The flight attendant came by, shrugs and says 'flight’s full,'" Yamauchi said.

Yamauchi, 42, told the station she didn't want to cause a scene, remembering recent United incidents such as the Kentucky doctor, David Dao, who was violently dragged off his flight in April.

"I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm traveling with an infant. I didn't want to get hurt. I didn't want either of us to get hurt," she said.

Seems they pick on people of oriental ancestry - But I also found that a wedding couple - Americans on way to their own wedding were asked to leave as well. This cuple came into airline and found some jerk sleeping in their seats so they moved ahead , then they got thrown off
http://www.npr.org/sections/the...thout-incident

I don't think this has anything to do with race, other than someone trying to make it about race. If the name had been Smith, or Jones, rather than Yamauchi, we would have heard that United screwed up again, over-booked, and did something stupid to make an additional buck. United Airlines (And I am not a big fan of UA) has about 5,100 flights a day. That's almost 2 million flights a year. To suggest that out of those 2 million flights, they chose one or two passengers to discriminate against based on them being oriental is ludicrous.
There are no orientals on flights when it comes to ANY airline, just like there are no blacks, whites, or any other ethnicity. There are only numbers.
A question a person would have to ask when reading a story like this is, "Why would an airline single out one oriental out of the millions and millions of orientals who fly, just to be racist? It's because someone wants to make the screw up about race and not the fact that it was just another stupid mistake that happens to people regardless of race.

just stop buying tickets to that airline, no need for law to get involved just make them loose money via boycuts, they will change their tune or get blown away

Anonymous