Pasta and Tomato Sauce...what would you add to elevate this dish?

You know how food can be so BLAND these days? What can you add to Pasta and Tomato sauce that can make it jump up and down in excitement.... And make you never stop eating.... Food can lack Flavour...especially some Italian food, like gnocchi....risotto....tomato sauce & pasta....

Image for post **Pasta and Tomato Sauce...what would you add to elevate this dish?**
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 19

I would add onions, mushrooms, and Italian sausage. (Now I'm hungry again.)

@2604574

Is the cooking wine drinkable?

@Sukiesnow Is the cooking wine drinkable?

Is it drinkable - yes, is it any good to drink - NO. It's purpose to to cook with - to drink it is nasty .

Green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions.

Yep. Sauteed, garlic, onion, peppers and shrooms. Fresh herbs. Browned beef and pork. Top it with parmigiano-reggiano. Serve it with crusty, crunchy bread....

Anything. Start with meat, mushroom, onion and garlic.

Grated white cheese, perhaps some garlic powder and maybe some cooked minced meat

I'd add some good Italian sausage, garlic bread, a glass of red wine, and some good company to share it with.

Everyone's ideas were great...slavering...

cheese, some chicken and more cheese

I'd leave off the tomato based stuff, use first pressed virgin olive oil, add fresh shrimp, spinach, chopped fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh garlic, a bit of white wine (the drinkable kind), a few red pepper flakes and add LOTS of freshly grated Romano cheese.

Some sautéed onions and green peppers, grilled cubed chicken.. garlic bread,
green salad..