Carlas avatar Animals & Nature
15 33
@2604615

Yes. My dogs are always with me when im in my room. I have a sliding glass door. When a loud, active storm comes, they run to my mothers room.
They want no part of it.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

I don't like them, they scare me.

@2605091

We just had a terrible storm this afternoon and it's raining sideways as we speak. Coming from all directions.

@2605240

Yes....and it's still thundering....I would like to crawl under the bed.... but those dust bunnies have taken over. biggrin)

@2605019

Bet it was the same system that came through here...

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2605025

About 12:30 my time. 10: 30 your time. And yes, it zipped through.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2605019

We got that storm this afternoon.... and it's still raining hard.

@StarzAbove We got that storm this afternoon.... and it's still raining hard.

I saw yours on the radar. Big one.
The one that hit here is already on the east coast.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla Dont be scared starz.;)

Thanks, I'll just be glad when it's over. I'm just glad I'm not out in it.

Yep! I love a down pour, too.

@2604829

That's what insurance is for. I lost a truck roof to hurricane hugo.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2604899

Sounds like it.
We have had a few large branches fall on this roof over the years. No damage either.
Takes a pretty heavy tree to go through a roof. Cars are a different story.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

Yes I love it, loved it better when I lived with my parents, our house is up on a hill and had a good porch to stand on without getting wet. Now people only have decks not nearly as good as a real poarch.

It can be a great show, but if your city and your home can't take it very well without stress, it can be concerning. I'd rather not to have a big storm around here, because of the mess it can cause. 2 years ago, an unusually strong one knocked down a big tree that was on my street. And the streets where I live flood easily; depending on how strongly it rains, the water level can rise uncomfortably much, possibly causing damage to cars.

I have no experience with thunderstorms. A "storm" here means it rains steadily for a day or two, and maybe two to three hundred miles wide. We have wind storms in January. Thunder is something we hear about from other places.

We had also a winter storm damage some time ago, during winter; a beautiful "double-top" tree lost one top, and the roof of the house needed urgent repair.
The remaining side of the tree had to be felled, and no new tree was planted.

Magnificent

Anonymous