Could it be ancient aliens is full of bull?

OK today I am watching ancient aliens - They found perfectly round balls of granite near a stream. Wow what a surprise. You cut something almost round put it into a stream or on a beach it turns into a perfect sphere . We have a whole beach of granite balls orange and gray granite right here in Maine, it is called pebble beach or something. Ancient people could know rocks get round when water runs on them continuously > Why doesn't this show know.

Image for post Could it be ancient aliens is full of  bull?
50% yeppers much of it is nuts 10% No they are absolutely true lol 40% Other
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar News & Current Events
4 13

I'm not big into aliens being the answer to all of the unknown, but the perfectly round granite balls are not so easily explained as you insinuate. Stream water didn't do this: Image in content Stream water did this: Image in content JMHO. :)

@Will_Janitor I'm not big into aliens being the answer to all of the unknown, but the perfectly round granite balls are not so...

Yeah.....it is difficult to make a perfect orb with modern tools. That is just though pervoking.....

Will, the question I've always asked when seeing things like round granite spheres and other unexplained things like them, that some people attribute to aliens, is "why", would an advanced race of aliens "make" a round granite sphere?

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo yeppers much of it is nuts +2Reply

I dont watch it. I have some thoughts on the alien thing, though. I will not bore you with them.

I have a question though..how long do you think it takes for moving water to shape granite? It isnt as though they cut rough balls of it, then waited a couple of years for the water to refine them.
But...i have found round stones, not perfectly round, but round.

I think the ancient aliens are fine. The nut balls interviewed throughout each show on the other hand seem ready to attribute damn near any curiosity to ancient aliens.

That said, I find the show pretty entertaining. I keep an episode or two on the DVR in case TV is riddled with Hollywood stars stroking each other on another award show.

Budwicks avatar Budwick yeppers much of it is nuts 0Reply

They are off the mark, constantly.

I noticed, that they got another episode out and I'm already whimpering a bit, as I'm probably going to watch it today. The show's premise is very solid, but as I said in the very beginning... They are off the mark, constantly. Shooting well in somebody else's target still counts as a failure in the competition. Have we been in contact with the cabbage heads? Well, the ones I had the rather nasty chance to meet with, weren't interested in the history quite as much as they were interested in yapping at the liaison officer. I didn't feel much appreciated back then.

I noticed, that the latest episode is/was about MJ12, which is a bad joke. Weirdly enough, more people think Bob Lazar as a bad joke, whereas he isn't that bad. Just weird. Never met him in person, though. Then again, I never get to meet anyone, unless I screw up - which I'm very good at.

I wish they yanked back a bit and took a look at the bigger picture. Maybe they could figure out, which target they are supposed to be aiming at in the future... For example, proper expeditions to the pyramids of Antartica, cartography (is Greenland really three different islands, as depicted relatively recently, in semi-modern times), what lurks in the Lake Baikal, etc... They aren't going to put TR-3B on a flight test, that's for sure. And yes, I got shouted at, because the configuration of the main propulsion got fucked up by my own incompetency... Telepathic shouting is very unpleasant, by the way.

Seem the same as always to me.