+12

Should we be encouraging young girls to play male-dominant sports? If it was possible there would already be women in National Leagues...

Image for post **Should we be encouraging young girls to play male-dominant sports?** //If it was possible there would already be women in National Leagues...//
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
10 34

We should be encouraging people to play the sports they want to play. People shouldn't play a sport to enforce some kind of false equality, but for the joy of sport.

Direct competition between men and women has traditionally been regarded as unfair, but I see no reason a woman couldn't compete on a professional team if she was able to do better than any of the men available. Because in professional sports, it's all about finding the best athlete in the world to fill the role, and if that person is a woman, they'd want her. Isn't there a female goalie in the NHL?

You know, will you ever see a female lineman in the NFL? Probably not, she'd have to be bigger and stronger than the biggest, strongest men in the world, and I don't think such a woman exists. But if she did, they'd probably want her.

I think it's a mistake to try to pressure women into being men, get out there and be active, and play what you want to play.

@2605753

Thanks Bozette smile smilie

@2605753

Bozette's most used gif...

I played, and was competent, football and baseball with the boys after school for most of my youth. When the boys got big, though, tackle football became dangerous.
There is the wnba, national womens soccer, nwhl, womens pro softball, and womens pro combat sports. Just not big audiences in the usa.

Yes! There are a few women's tackle football leagues as well as hockey, basketball, soccer and many others.

Yes.Womens versions of the sport though.

Yes, they should be able to play any sport, but not with men.

@2605691

Drama...gotta have it..

Yeah, I think every sport should have a pretty equal spread relative to the population they're held in. I think they should be integrated too (though split by weight & height class for more physical sports).

I often see arguments that claim a woman who is physically capable of competing against men, in male dominated sports should be allowed/encouraged to compete against them. I disagree. Why? Because I also enjoy watching some women's only sports. If a woman is allowed to compete in men's sports, against men, then shouldn't men be able to compete against women in women's sports? If that happened, it would be the end of all women's sports. How many women could make the team on a track team if men were able to compete for those positions?

No one is stopping women from playing sports.

Encouraging drama is something I don't need..

@2605948

biggrin smilie

As always I was easily amused

I have mixed emotions about it, I see the good and the bad that would come out of it. Another, Maze, and DandyDon pretty much covered how I feel about it.

🦋

Up to the age of 18 or so, girls are stronger and more aggressive than boys. Boys know it's not supposed to be that way, but they need time to grow muscles and learn how to act. A boy simply can't win in a contest of strength against a girl. If he wins, people say "So what? It's only a girl." If he loses, people laugh at him: beaten by a girl. The boys need to be protected from those situations.

We should encourage everyone to do what they want to do in life. If she wants to paly them go for it but if she doesnt dont force it on her. ")

@lizardqueen We should encourage everyone to do what they want to do in life. If she wants to paly them go for it but if she...

Well, that is the problem: nobody wants to watch their teen daughters crash into each other. They want to watch teen boys crash into each other.

I think we should let our kids be kids. Listen to and support their ideas. We don't have to teach them to be curious, it comes naturally.

I don't think we're doing kids any favors by dumping a bunch of abstract concepts in their laps and saying: "There you go, you're free to choose, only you can choose." That isn't encouragement, it's a push and they're pretty easily overwhelmed.

I let my kid know he can come to me about anything and when he needs to, he does. But that's just me...

This way, people will eventually realize how much of a bad idea this who feminism thing is

@Psybur This way, people will eventually realize how much of a bad idea this who feminism thing is

Men should play football; women can also play football...but each on their own respective teams.

@Sukiesnow Men should play football; women can also play football...but each on their own respective teams.

Agreed. Feminism has tried to tell women that they can always do everything a man can do on even grounds, and due to biology and sexual dimorphism, it's simply not true.

They should make their own choice

Anonymous