ForkNdaRoads avatar Politics
8 25
The voters have decided that ForkNdaRoad is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What better time to invest? Any legislator doing so should (but wont) be removed.
I couldnt pull up your link. But to me it is typical of the republican party.
Benefits to large companies are beneficial to them, personally, the public be damned.

Carlas avatar Carla Yeah You Are +3Reply
@ForkNdaRoad Sorry the link didn't work for you, it works for me. Not sure why that is.

It was my server. I just tried it again. I was able to read it. Thank you fnr.

Carlas avatar Carla Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2606741

"(It would be interesting to see who invested in United stock around the time the ACA was enacted, as the stock value rose some 480% subsequent to its passage.)"

I was thinking the very same thing! I know this was a popular practice around the bank bailouts as well...

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yes it is. But most politicians don't think the laws pertain to them.

@2606303

They certainly have their share of vultures... it's a real special kind of hypocrisy they're practicing.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2606309

My understanding is, it was passed in 2012 and almost immediately changed in 2013. That change was voted up unanimously.

@2606339

I know there was a big stink over his Fiduciary EO, I'm not aware of one relating to the STOCK Act, but if you come across the one you're referring to, drop me a link, would you?

hehe smilie I don't think they can keep track of everyone who does that.

It's only a good tool if they are out to get you anyway.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Sukiesnow I don't think they can keep track of everyone who does that. It's only a good tool if they are out to get...

I imagine it would be quite simple for them to make these sorts of investments and / or hire financial 'advisers' to make the investments for them, that's the more likely scenario. imo

They keep a pretty detailed agenda in congress and they're authoring the law which dictates the winners and losers, making a buck off of it preemptively would be easier than passing the law itself.

@2606711

The STOCK Act is their attempt to make it appear otherwise?

@2611100

I have that info, it was actually linked to in the source above.

@2611103

No worries, it's an interesting, albeit typical, story for govt.

Another good example was Pelosi and her husband investing in natural gas while she was pushing legislation to expand it...

unethical is what politicians are all about. If that becomes apparent, they change laws to please themselves. I say make them live with the majority benefits and lack of them. Things will change faster.

Anonymous